GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Clubsport S Muffler Clamp?

Royal1

Ready to race!
Going to pick up a clubsport S muffler tomorrow night. Can I use any 2.5in clamp? or do I need the oem one? I though I read that the diameters are off but Im not sure. Any help would be appreciated!

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Any 2.5” will work. The OEM tubing being slightly bigger than 2.5” OD becomes a problem when mating it to actual 2.5” using the OEM clamp because of its thickness, it can’t conform to the slightly different size tubing...won’t be an issue here since both pieces you’re attaching are OEM

c72k

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
BMW
I got one on eBay that was much cheaper than the OEM VW one. Works great

Royal1

Ready to race!
Any 2.5” will work. The OEM tubing being slightly bigger than 2.5” OD becomes a problem when mating it to actual 2.5” using the OEM clamp because of its thickness, it can’t conform to the slightly different size tubing...won’t be an issue here since both pieces you’re attaching are OEM

I see. Thanks for the info! Makes me a lot more comfortable going into it!

bdelaney4000

Ready to race!

emanon

Ready to race!
IMO, but the oem clamp. It's a very high quality piece, double wrap around the pipe so there will be zero leakage. Well worth the minimal expense.

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
I'd reuse the OEM clamp, with new hardware if possible. Add some sealant to ensure no leaks.