GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

TastyPancakes

Ready to race!
As we speak....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haboob

Passed Driver's Ed
Nothing big, just ordered a Covercraft sunshade and a dual 2.4a charging outlet, since I left my other one in my Z when I traded it in.

Gonna disconnect the soundaktor later today and check out some other "tips and tricks" I've read with the car while I sit bored at home.

DubberMK7

Nothing big, just ordered a Covercraft sunshade and a dual 2.4a charging outlet, since I left my other one in my Z when I traded it in.

Gonna disconnect the soundaktor later today and check out some other "tips and tricks" I've read with the car while I sit bored at home.

Sounds way better with it off

DubberMK7

Yeah, that's what I've read.

I can't believe it's an actual thing though... artificial sound. So dumb.

I’ll admit that I didn’t mind it for the longest time until I purchased the OBDeleven and turned it off. Maybe I was over thinking it was a muscle car [emoji6]

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI

Supermoto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Autobahn DSG
Ebay downpipe installed for total cost of $140. 100 for the pipe, 40 for various sealers, clamps, wraps, and spacers. Sounds absolutely amazing (exactly what I wanted this car to sound like), doesn't smell bad, and no check engine light. Those shifts sound amazing with a DSG :D

https://youtu.be/knMf3o91gRc

Tips for a perfect install:
- Install everything in the car and tighten all the clamps fully once fitment is found. Tack weld the slip joint together then get it properly welded by a shop.
- If the hangers are far off like mine, cut them clean off at the welds, grind the pipe smooth, then mount the pipe in the car and tighten everything. Place the hangers in the rubber mounts and see where they line up on the pipe (push the pipe up slightly to relieve the pressure off the rear hangers) then tack the hangers on. Remove pipe and get the hangers properly welded on. I made the mistake of trying to bend them and eventually the pipe cracked (even with heat). You will notice my rubber hanger mounts are being stretched a bit in weird angles. This is because I spent 2 days bending and heating the hangers instead of just cutting them and rewelding them. Do it right the first time.

Attachments

• 20180712_113934.jpg
    20180712_113934.jpg
    853.3 KB · Views: 800
  • 20180712_114005.jpg
    20180712_114005.jpg
    645.5 KB · Views: 797
  • 20180712_114032.jpg
    20180712_114032.jpg
    422.7 KB · Views: 790
Last edited:

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
Finally installed my Helix sub. Nice upgrade to the stock system. Did the On-Top-Of-The-Spare placement with the extended spindle. Floor fits perfectly.

Bought a programming dongle, and will make it available to rent if anyone needs. PM me if interested (read the separate thread in Classifieds).

Thanks to forum member @dbwat for a spare Helix plaque so I could bling up my front speaker grilles.

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
Your time is worth something. Why not just buy a pipe that fits first time?

Reading this killed me a little inside. I’ve had to get the car on jack stands like 6+ times to tinker with mine to get it right. Never again.

bobyjane1234

Passed Driver's Ed
Deauto Key, red foot-well lighting (LEDs). Looks great at night!