GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Most annoying thing about your GTI

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
I completely understand what dedicated summer tires bring to the table (I've done the 2 sets/rims set-up before on my MK3 VR6), but I'm not convinced it's enough for the expense for the way I will be driving 95% of the time.

I hear you there. I sometimes wonder if it's worth it for me, with my 6 mile city commute. But then there's this really fun on-ramp to I-94 near my house... :D

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Lack of remote start

You mean lack of "remote premature engine wear"?

Remote starts are not good for your car. Warming your car up in idle causes your engine to run on cold oil, aka poor lubrication.

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
The steering wheel feels puny compared to my MK6. I prefer the thick knobs at 10 & 2.

My biggest complaint about the MK7, having owned a 6 as well. You can get upgraded steering wheels that are like the MK6's wheel but based off the MK7's design/electrical pinning, but unless you get one in a group buy they're pretty steep (1K+)

Pretty sure there's currently one for sale, for like $650. Don't remember whether it was for a GTI or an R. But if it bothers you enough, this could be your solution at a rate nobody else can get it for (650 vs. 1K+)

seanmcd1

Autocross Newbie
When I get in, push the start button, and it doesn't start. It's like I have to hold it 1/10th of a second longer than I do. It turns on, but doesn't start until I press it again for a tad longer. YOU KNOW I TOUCHED THE BUTTON DAMNIT, START UP

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
When I get in, push the start button, and it doesn't start. It's like I have to hold it 1/10th of a second longer than I do. It turns on, but doesn't start until I press it again for a tad longer. YOU KNOW I TOUCHED THE BUTTON DAMNIT, START UP
Happens to me all the time. No idea why. But I don't have to press it longer the second time either, just a quick tap like the first time and it always cranks.

Another annoyance is the Kessy handle unlock. On my Forester you can always open the handle no matter how fast you grab and pull. On the GTI you can pull too soon and it's still locked.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Last edited: