GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Factory air duct with dual cut outs

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Do you know if it's the single or dual opening? I've already ordered one from this place for Golf R and came with one opening.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I also listed the golf R one above. Did you compare your part number to it? I was always under the assumption that it was open on the R. Thought I saw it on a post way back somewhere. It only takes like 5 minutes to open it up though. I just drilled it with a spade bit and then used a dremel with a sanding drum to smooth it out.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I'm talking about this

Just remove that if you want dual openings. Done and done

TJN

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack S
I sent the email to confirm if the part # linked above for R has dual openings. They responded they don't keep them in stock so can't confirm.

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
The golf GTE has an intake inlet that isn't open on the engine side, which makes is essentially a sealed intake, which might be even better. Here is mine with the lid removed, so you can see the inside. In the rear, there's a single tube leading to the filter.

Gro Harlem

Ready to race!
that link to that part looks like the identical part we already have. i do not see any opening on the front-right side of that duct :shrug:

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
that link to that part looks like the identical part we already have. i do not see any opening on the front-right side of that duct :shrug:
The inlet on the gti isn't sealed off completely at the engine bay side. The gte part is. So they are not identical. The right side is closed but there's a Dremel for that.

TJN

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack S
Are you referring to $22 or $27 part? As I said earlier, I bought a part for Golf R from that place last month and it was exactly the same with only one opening. That's why I'm hesitant to buy another one until someone confirms the part number with dual openings.

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
Neither of my R's came cutout, 16 or 17 us spec, had to do it myself, it's easy

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Is opening up a second opening going to help anything?
The intake pipe controls how much air flows.
I think the second more direct opening will mainly let more trash in and clog filter faster.
The OE opening pulls air from above the opening letting most solid trash flow by.

And hot air that's blended with engine air, then it gets heated across the top of the radiator. Yes it helps give you nice cold air. I have had it open for a year and drove through snow and rain. No issues at all