GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cobb AccessPort Owners "No TD1 Detected" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SweetJones_29

Ready to race!
I have seen a few people post on here that they unmarried their Cobb AP for a dealer visit and still were able to get a mechanical warranty repair covered without the previous tune being detected when their scan was sent to VW. One particular poster recently had a bad turbo and had no issues with the warranty process after he unmarried his Cobb AP. I am creating this thread for owners of the Cobb AP to post their experiences and whether or not their warranty for a engine repair was covered. The consensus on this forum is if you have any tune that recalibrates the ECU VW will know and removing a JB1/4 before going to the dealer you are golden. I think this info will be very helpful for the community and clear up any misconceptions.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
It's going to be a bad thread because no one will know what they are talking about.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI

Hoon

Autocross Champion
It's going to be a bad thread because no one will know what they are talking about.

Agreed.

While we're all spreading misinformation, I'll start the speculation.

I'm going to call bullshit.

Cobb is not yet a fully sorted tuning solution. There's a variety of simple things they don't do or don't do correctly, which other companies have figured out a decade ago.

If someone is going to defeat TD1, I don't see it being Cobb.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Allow me to continue with the speculation. ED and Cobb have both said they can reset the flash counter. If you blow your turbo or motor while tuned though, you are most likely fucked. If however you hear the turbo whine of death, uninstall your tune and drive it for another 500 miles before it blows up, you may be OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.