GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Not happy with condition on NEW 034 motor mount

BravoMike

Go Kart Champion
ChronicSPD, I ended up buying SuperPro on sale for $599. I know that is really expensive, but there was no way I was going to trust 034 mounts after seeing the lack of QC.

ChronicSPD

Ready to race!
Maybe they sent me your old one? Definitely not installing these though.

Edit: Was just looking at the SuperPro mounts!

m3lonbr3ad

Ready to race!
That's very disappointing. I generally like 034 as a company but really don't understand why they use an oem housing with upgraded rubber bushings for their mounts. Poly mounts are so much better.

Poly vs rubber seems debatable and using an OEM housing takes advantage of the testing and fitment results already obtained by the OEM.

I'd really like to get a back to back perspective for handling and nvh with rubber vs poly. Since its pretty subjective, its hard to get an answer that fits your personal preference.

BravoMike

Go Kart Champion
Maybe they sent me your old one? Definitely not installing these though
I was curious about this as well... I have pictures that I'm trying to upload.

For the record, I am not making accusations. I do not believe in doing that until I am certain there is foul play going on and some of your pictures look like they may be different mounts. I specifically told ECS not to sell those mounts to anyone else and they re-assured me they would not and they were going back to 034.

BravoMike

Go Kart Champion
FYI, I do have a question about he SuperPro mounts that I will be starting its own thread for.

I will say that the quality looks hands down top notch on the SuperPro. They are also really stiff compared to even the 034.

If you have any questions about them (pictures/impressions), please ask. I'm happy to oblige.

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
Crap...

I was about to order 034 engine/trans mounts lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ECS Tuning

Go Kart Champion
That's very out of the ordinary for 034 parts usually, they look fantastic. You have a PM from me asking for your info, I want to make sure we get you taken care of.

-James

ChronicSPD

Ready to race!
I never meant to imply all 034 mounts are bad. Actually quite contrary, I've read many good reviews which led to me placing an order. In general I've heard nothing but good things about 034 products. I've got their downpipe waiting to be installed and the rear sway should be here in a few days.

ChronicSPD

Ready to race!
That's very out of the ordinary for 034 parts usually, they look fantastic. You have a PM from me asking for your info, I want to make sure we get you taken care of.

-James

Word

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Poly vs rubber seems debatable and using an OEM housing takes advantage of the testing and fitment results already obtained by the OEM.

I'd really like to get a back to back perspective for handling and nvh with rubber vs poly. Since its pretty subjective, its hard to get an answer that fits your personal preference.

I had 034 mounts, they were ok for a few months and the rubber started deteriorating just like the oems. Switched to bfi stage 2 mounts and never looked back. The performance is so worth the added nvh.

ChronicSPD

Ready to race!
Also I'm out of F'n stickers, but I do have some ECS ones I'll get out to you.

-James

Thanks man! Appreciated, I love me some stickers lol. Gonna start the RMA process and get replacements.

Also, got a call from Samuel at 034 apologizing for the inconvenience. He also wanted to hear more about the casting issues and explain a little about how the product is made and why there is grinding to clean up the lines.

Both ECS and 034 have shown great customer service and quick responses. No regrets with either company, wasn't my intention to put anybody on blast.

BravoMike

Go Kart Champion
For full transparency...

After communicating with ChronicSPD via PM, we discovered that those are in fact the mounts that I returned. Below is a link to my Flikr photostream that includes the pictures I took of these mounts. I don't have as much a problem with the grinding, it was more the poor quality casting that had cracks throughout.

I receive a return order processed email from ECS on 4/13/18 and CrhonicSPD said he got a shipping notification on 4/16/18.

Apparently, ECS accidentally mixed up the boxes and sent ChronicSPD my mounts while sending the other box with the mounts that was supposed to go to ChronicSPD to 034Motorsports.

I would be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed with ECS for this apparent mix up as well. I have about $200 that I was going to spend there in the next week but am considering taking my business elsewhere from now on.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/139724339@N06/

ChronicSPD

Ready to race!
FWIW, mistakes happen with all companies though. This is the only issue I've ever had, and overall I'm still happy with ECS (depending on sticker quality...lol jk) and won't hesitate to order from them again (probably soon).