GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Not happy with condition on NEW 034 motor mount

ChronicSPD

Ready to race!
So, I was all excited to receive my order from ECS today. I was less excited after seeing the 034 motor mount that seems to have had considerable welding and grinding done to it. Doesn't even seem stiffer than stock. I haven't contacted ECS or 034 yet, but I'm not gonna run this on my car. The 034 downpipe came at the same time and looks great.

Attachments

• IMG_20180419_124823.jpg
    IMG_20180419_124823.jpg
    606.1 KB · Views: 800
  • IMG_20180419_124744.jpg
    IMG_20180419_124744.jpg
    626.3 KB · Views: 809
  • IMG_20180419_124851.jpg
    IMG_20180419_124851.jpg
    446.6 KB · Views: 803
  • IMG_20180419_124728.jpg
    IMG_20180419_124728.jpg
    460.7 KB · Views: 807

ChronicSPD

Ready to race!
The crack in the first and last pics is all the way through, can see light if I hold a flashlight to it...

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Get yo money. Buy BFI.

ChronicSPD

Ready to race!
I went with 034 to keep NVH down, not sure what I'm gonna do yet...

ChronicSPD

Ready to race!
On another note... When you place a $1700+ order, it would be nice to at least get a F'n sticker from ECS or 034.

carchrism5

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
That looks like its a used product, certainly not what I would expect from a 034 product, but coming from ECS it wouldn't be all that surprising if it was used. I'd send those pics directly to 034 and get some feedback from them.

drrck

Go Kart Champion
Looks like casting imperfections and normal grinding to get rid of casting seams to me. They suck at deburring but I don't see any evidence of welding.

ChronicSPD

Ready to race!
You're right about it not being welded. I shoulda looked closer before coming to that conclusion.

drrck

Go Kart Champion
Mostly looks like crappy QC to me. They should have rejected that casting due to the void.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Contact ECS as they sold it.
But I would call 034 direct and share pics and info.
ECS is a middle man.
Part does look odd. ECS being a large outfit handles a lot of parts.
Maybe a part was returned but was actually damaged some and should not have been put back in stock. I purchased a CF battery cover from ECS with metal base and base was not made correct so did not match cover. Two sources made the parts for ECS so they told me. I said that is fine but ECS should test fit them before shipping.

Let us know what 034 says.
I know ECS will just send new part.
Tell ECS to have supervisor inspect it before shipping.
To insure part was correct and in new condition.
I asked for this and had a signed off note on the box from him.
Hope you get what you need.

ChronicSPD

Ready to race!
I contacted both ECS and 034 with a link to this thread for pics. I haven't got a response yet but I'll update when I do.

BravoMike

Go Kart Champion
THAT IS NOT A USED MOUNT, THAT IS CRAPPY QC AND CRAPPY MOLDING!

I had to return my 034 mounts for the exact same reason. From what I can tell, it looks like the mold may have been too cold and the aluminum cooled too fast. Although, it is suspicious that there are some cracks in the exact same location that I had.

I would NOT install those in a car, they may work for a bit, but even one year from now one of those cracks could fail because of continued stress.

I am very disappointed in 034 with seeing these and the one I had to return.

ChronicSPD

Ready to race!
Poly mounts are too stiff for some (why I went 034) and poly also degrades quickly from certain chemicals like coolant. There's upsides to both though...