GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Edited title.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cleung

Did your previous communications include any variation of the following sentence: "By the way, I'm from Canada but shipping this to my friend in Illinois, so just a heads up that the addresses may be different in PayPal"?

If not, that's where you went wrong in the eyes of the seller.

This has been blown a bit out of proportion though lol

Yes because the original price he offered was higher due to shipping to Canada. We negotiated a lower price because I said he could ship it to my friend in Illinois.

Regardless, I'm not trying to scam anyone, I did send him money so I'm not sure where I'm scamming him.

Sorry for the commotion, I'm just trying to buy a JB1 at a reasonable price.

THEREALVRT

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf R
Terrifying.

LOL

pitterchi

Ready to race!
americans seem to get very scared when dealing with someone out of their country.

Very true. Coming from an American. Too many scammers out there.

People should have more evidence before creating a scammer post. This should be deleted.

OP, you can at least edit your post and delete the contents.

Evil Minion

Ready to race!
Yes because the original price he offered was higher due to shipping to Canada. We negotiated a lower price because I said he could ship it to my friend in Illinois.

Well if that's the case, this has been blown way out of proportion lol. Hopefully you get your go fast bits soon! These things are a blast with a little tuning.

Lorne

Another fellow Canadian here.

UPS (or FedEx) likes to charge us extremely high border charges, and fuck, likes to invent some too. It has been as high as paying $60 "brokerage fees" on a $40 spark plug cover. Fucking thieves, the lot of them.

One course of action is to insist people ship with USPS, or purchase elsewhere if people don't want to ship that way. If I buy a big ticket item, I'll ship it to a company called Seawings in Washington State and then they will bring it over the border for a lot cheaper, then they ship it to me from inside Canada.

If I was going to the states, I would have it shipped to the states. OP jumped the gun FAR too early, this thread should be deleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.