GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Feels bad

tknj99

Ready to race!
I find that the GTI and most definitely imagine the R as well to be encouraging me to speed.. i usually have to make a conscious effort to drive easy.. have had other cars, boring types like Accord or minivan for example, where its just a calm ride. Not so with the GTI, i often want to play with any of those cars that are most definitely faster than me for some reason..go figure

adam1991

Banned
For anyone who is anti-speeding, makes you wonder where is the sense in the car industry is going through a horsepower race or makes you wonder why cars arent installed with speed governors set to 90mph max. After all, the fastest speed limit Ive heard of in the US is 85mph. Speeding is breaking the law and just a reminder that driving is a privilege and not a right.

...For full disclosure, I speed daily. But I just wanted to throw that thought out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is your world all black and white?

Rational people are anti-speeding in circumstances where speeding is a danger to others.

Unless you think school zones at 8am are fair game.

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
LOL! I dont even understand what your point is in regards to what I actually posted. I’ll just chalk this up to you eventually having to get hostile with everyone on this board. Guess you can check me off your list now. Your panties are so bunched up your ass you must be choking on them.

Rafiki76

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKVII GTI
Are you CharlieChangeASpeed who always goes slow in the left lane then speeds up when I try to pass you?

Not at all. I don't street race but I usually cruise at 75-80. But when a civic tries to overtake me at full throttle with that fart can rasping, I drop to 5th. I usually see them sizing me up before they overtake.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Not at all. I don't street race but I usually cruise at 75-80. But when a civic tries to overtake me at full throttle with that fart can rasping, I drop to 5th. I usually see them sizing me up before they overtake.

So you're a douchebag that doesn't let faster traffic pass.

Exactly what SpaceGhost said.

Parabola

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI, 22 Tiguan
It’s a Golf with some decent power and handling not a racecar...but then again there are people racing on their lawnmowers...personally I stay the hell away from street racers of any kind.

Rafiki76

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKVII GTI
So you're a douchebag that doesn't let faster traffic pass.

Exactly what SpaceGhost said.

NVM, I was making a joke and I guess I didn't communicate well. I do let cars overtake, but when some cars try to pass my for no reason, and there is a difference, it gets annoying. But I apologize, not what I was trying to say.

SpaceGhost

Ready to race!

I do that because I'm trying to figure out whether that a$$ blocking the left lane is going to try to race me if I pass. I was behind a WRX who was in the left going 70mph. I got scared to pass him because of all the go fast stickers. True story

Rafiki76

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKVII GTI
I do that because I'm trying to figure out whether that a$$ blocking the left lane is going to try to race me if I pass. I was behind a WRX who was in the left going 70mph. I got scared to pass him because of all the go fast stickers. True story

I don't block the left lane btw. If im in the left im hauling. Usually Ill stay right or second to right and cruise with traffic. When I'm just commuting I try to stay at the flow of traffic. But yeah I understand you, I see people hogging the left and sometimes they won't let you pass which can get annoying.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
I don't block the left lane btw. If im in the left im hauling. Usually Ill stay right or second to right and cruise with traffic. When I'm just commuting I try to stay at the flow of traffic. But yeah I understand you, I see people hogging the left and sometimes they won't let you pass which can get annoying.

Thanks you for clarifying.

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Went to Ireland for spring break. I must say I really appreciated driving on their motorways (their major highways). Everyone used the passing lane for passing then got back to the slow lane. It was so orderly with no erratic driving. Compared to driving back home where it’s random chaos.

Rafiki76

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKVII GTI