GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Do you let your wife drive your VW\Audi?

Boost_Junkie

Passed Driver's Ed
LOL.. you guys picked the wrong one. My loves driving my GTI when she's not driving her 2016 STi. We both take a break from our cars and drive the other's. Mine has a DSG and is on a stage 2 map. Hers is obviously manual and has some bolt-ons and a tune.

adam1991

Banned
Believe it or not, it's possible to perfectly happy while remaining unmarried and childless. Not only does my car stay clean, no one ever steals my leftovers from the fridge, and all the covers remain mine. :D

EDIT: OK, so I did used to wish there was someone to make me coffee in the morning, so I fixed that by purchasing an automatic coffee machine with a timer. For the full married experience, I'll just need to program the coffeemaker to nag me endlessly, and I'm all set.

Not quite. You need that coffee maker to operate on a subscription basis, at a rate of a few thousand dollars/week.

AJ15

Ready to race!
I'm with OP. Wife has no interest in maintaining a clean car. If I want her car clean, I have to do it (which I do -- but not nearly the frequency of my car). My wife doesn't know how to drive manual.. but even if she did, she sort of has the attitude, "Oh, I drove your lip into the curb while parking? Sorry. It's just a car, honey." That is not my attitude... so it's best to just not even go down that road. She knows we differ in that regard and I don't think she even would care to drive my car. Though, she does occasionally mention wanting to drive stick. If I could find a fleet rental car w/ a manual, I'd let her at that no problem.

I grew up in a household where my Dad had "his" car (nothing fancy, but ALWAYS spotless) and my Mom had "her" car -- which was the family car. So this seems normal to me. And actually, my Mom's/family car was clean 75% of the time (inside and out). It wasn't your typical soccer mom moldy french fries under the 3rd row seat minivan. I know my wife and I are going to butt heads about this when we have a kid. I'm going to lose my mind probably.

russiankid

Drag Race Newbie
My fiancé does not really drive manual well, but she doesn't have any interest in driving my car either. However, if she wanted to drive it I wouldn't have any issues. She isn't as anal about keeping her car clean, but she does park far away from people and cares for the condition of her car. She herself said she would rather not drive my car because its worth the future argument if something went wrong.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
My fiancé does not really drive manual well, but she doesn't have any interest in driving my car either. However, if she wanted to drive it I wouldn't have any issues. She isn't as anal about keeping her car clean, but she does park far away from people and cares for the condition of her car. She herself said she would rather not drive my car because its worth the future argument if something went wrong.

ditto

Renck

Ready to race!
My wife is smart enough to stay away from my car, as I stay way from hers.

Oh, and she knows no eating or drinking is allowed at my car.

Last edited:

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
One of my wifes friend loves to stir the pot and asked her why she doesn’t drive my Audi if we are married and how they want to take it out. And...of course now I get to hear about it on a regular basis.

I’m super anal about my cars. I keep them clean inside and out. 24/7. I even make my 8 year old click his feet togther to remove debris before he climbs in the backseat. She is the complete opposite. If I don’t wash it and keep it tidy, it just doesn’t happen. Nor does she have the slightest clue how to handle a slammed car with a carbon fiber front lip. She also always parks in the first open spot. So she drives her car and I drive my own. But she doesn’t like that. She wants to drive mine to work and basically any where she wants.

I work from home and she works in a clinic next to a grocery store where nobody has respect for vehciles. So my Audi stays in the garage until I go to the gym each night or weekend fun.

Back to my main question; how many of you let your wives drive your car? I get it, I drive an A3. BFG right? I have anxiety just thinking about it lol.

Your car? She's you wife, not a stranger from the street. If you have a heart attack and die today it's her car even if it's only titled in your name. :)

Shabba

Passed Driver's Ed
I bought this car with input from my wife. She is filipino and as such, grew up in the Philippines driving a manual. She wanted this GTI more than I did and she was adamant that it be a 6 speed. We are a one car couple (2 if you count my 23 year old son and his Mk6) and I have the 2 bikes to commute for about 10 months of the year. My wife is as anal as I am about the car. I chose well when I allowed her to pick me...

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I bought this car with input from my wife. She is filipino and as such, grew up in the Philippines driving a manual. She wanted this GTI more than I did and she was adamant that it be a 6 speed. We are a one car couple (2 if you count my 23 year old son and his Mk6) and I have the 2 bikes to commute for about 10 months of the year. My wife is as anal as I am about the car. I chose well when I allowed her to pick me...

I have to remember that line...

Loonster

Ready to race!
I hate letting my husband drive my car! He's the only person who's hurt her so far(curbed wheel and door dent) plus he complains about how she handles compared to his wrx. Im just like whatever...go get in your car and enjoy your shitty interior and 18 mpg[emoji58]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

LMAO

Loonster

Ready to race!
My wife drives my GTI and my Miata. No worries....

Chad13762

Go Kart Champion
I often ask my wife to borrow my car (GTI) so I can driver her car (BRZ). We both autocross her car. It's not about who keeps the cleanest car, it's about who gets the quickest time on race day. Oh yah, she's still gloating because she got a better time than me at the last race.

Veedubgli

Ready to race!
My last ex drove my R only 1 time. He was too scared to drive it because of how clean I kept it and how much I loved it.
One time he was in my R and sneezed on the dash (didn't cover his mouth in time).

We are no longer together.

Ramon64124

Drag Racing Champion
All the time. We share everything financially so, if she damages anything, its on both. She understand this and takes car of our finances as well as I do. I don't hesitate when she asks. plus i love seeing my GTI drive off. It's slammed as well, and it is FBO IS38 with meth too. haha. she calls it "zippy".

They both look really sexy together so its a Win/Win scenario.