GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Chicagoland Chat Thread

TimFell

Ready to race!

tizzy911

Just moved to the northern chicagoland area :D Need some good recommendation for back roads as I like to take the GTI to breathe a bit on the weekends!

TimFell

Ready to race!
Agreed. Also, has the rear settled a bit? It looks like the rear is sitting a bit higher from the picture.

Also, where'd you get the blacked out side badges? Looks nice and thinking of doing all the same mods to my DBP.

Here is a pic after alignment. They look to be settling in better. image1 (18).jpeg

TimFell

Ready to race!
Just moved to the northern chicagoland area :D Need some good recommendation for back roads as I like to take the GTI to breathe a bit on the weekends!

Welcome! :) I would say backroads depend on how far north you are, but I like to take my GTI up close to the IL-WI border as there are some fun roads there. Also, if you go a little west, there are roads like 12, 120, and 59, which are surrounded by some open roads! Post up a pic of your car as well! :)

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma

Gotta go up to WI a little bit to get to the fun twisties. The kettle moraine scenic route is amazing. There's also a really nice cruise starting in madison ending at new glarus brewery.

777-300ER

Go Kart Newbie
Anyone want to go to Gingerman in 2 weeks on April 14? I bought a spot a while back and can't make it now. Selling it for $175 - costs $240 through 3balls racing. It's a group 2 advanced ticket but they would let you switch to the intermediate or novice group as well.

I PM'd you.

Boondock

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 GTI S
Would love to buy them if you have any additional details. Can't find any listed here, golfmk6, golfmk5, or on vwvortex.

Yes, unfortunately I saw these posted on various IL VW facebook groups. I'll dig around and see if I can find them again.