GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Who money shifted here? :S

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
Just want to note I've pulled best strip times by shifting before redline. On non hybrid mk7 systems, most of the torque is a hit and scream type attitude. As in, baam and then a diminishing hold. This is conducive to 5.4 maybe 5.5k shifts instead of blowing past that redline. Watch a flash tuned car on the dyno... They drop power FAST .

my is38 on e85 holds power to redline

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
Not really

Darlyson hit a 10.4 in his golf r on an ims650 kit and stock motor, last dyno chart i've seen from him was 520whp

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
my is38 on e85 holds power to redline

if you are ringing the car out to 6500+ on the is38, you are going slower than you should be.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
if you are ringing the car out to 6500+ on the is38, you are going slower than you should be.

I think he just meant he had enough fueling to get it done. Your hybrid uses bigger wheels right, thus you needing more fuel?

Zoolook

Ready to race!
All of your shifts are perfect? You've never missed one? I know I've missed my fair share of shifts and I'm very familiar with manual transmissions. Dude made a mistake, happens to the best of us.

^ this.

Anyone can miss a gear, especially in a race. I watched a MCM episode the other day, they were on the drag strip, and one of them missed a shift (2nd to 5th). I can see someone going fro 3rd to 2nd in a panic regardless of how long they've been driving stick.

Luchos

Go Kart Champion

car is dsg, shifts @ 6k.. just saying it holds power to redline, not 5300 as someone mentioned. i think my top end is pretty killer actually, 11.5 @ 120 with a bad 60' is not too shabby. Still waiting for you to add my slip to the list BTW ;)

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
car is dsg, shifts @ 6k.. just saying it holds power to redline, not 5300 as someone mentioned. i think my top end is pretty killer actually, 11.5 @ 120 with a bad 60' is not too shabby. Still waiting for you to add my slip to the list BTW ;)

Added weeks ago.
@mqbquartertimes on Instagram.

P.s. you are is38. I mentioned back a few pages that 5800 to 6k is optimal. I did my time on stock fuel only e15.

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
Added weeks ago.
@mqbquartertimes on Instagram.

P.s. you are is38. I mentioned back a few pages that 5800 to 6k is optimal. I did my time on stock fuel only e15.