GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Show us your MK7

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
Yeah, my first car when I got my license in 1987 was an '81 Monte Carlo, auto, 6-cyl, leaking t-tops, sagging doors, cracking vinyl seats, and in the GM light blue that started rusting when the car was about three years old. Detroit's golden years!

reemizzle

Ready to race!
Yeah, my first car when I got my license in 1987 was an '81 Monte Carlo, auto, 6-cyl, leaking t-tops, sagging doors, and in the GM light blue that started rusting when the car was about three years old. Detroit's golden years!

Being born in the late 80's I feel like all my older siblings and everyone in the US got a shitty beater as a first car no matter how wealthy you were lol. My older brother had a missing passenger seat floor. My other brother's car died during his license test. I got an 03 Camry. Nowadays I see kids driving around cars they never should be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gti330ex

Go Kart Newbie
<3 DRLs

Looking good, nice shot man! Was that taken on Eboladrome?

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
Being born in the late 80's I feel like all my older siblings and everyone in the US got a shitty beater as a first car no matter how wealthy you were lol. My older brother had a missing passenger seat floor. My other brother's car died during his license test. I got an 03 Camry. Nowadays I see kids driving around cars they never should be

I envision my sons' (they're 11 and 9 at the moment) first cars will be ~5 year old Mazda3's or similar. It has to be reasonable, reliable, and not as shitty as that f*cking Monte Carlo I started with. I have some compassion.

Jedimk7

Drag Race Newbie
I envision my sons' (they're 11 and 9 at the moment) first cars will be ~5 year old Mazda3's or similar. It has to be reasonable, reliable, and not as shitty as that f*cking Monte Carlo I started with. I have some compassion.
X2, my kids are 2 and 4 but still gonna get them something better than an old volvo?

sent using Pide Piper middle out compression app

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
X2, my kids are 2 and 4 but still gonna get them something better than an old volvo?

sent using Pide Piper middle out compression app

I forgot to add, I don't want them in something too damn cool. And it can't be as quick as whatever I'm driving. :D They need to have some hunger to get through college, get a good job, and a better car.

Kytn

Yeah, I actually wanted to get an older car, but I'm gonna be 20 in a couple days and I'm a sophomore in college. I also work to pay for it myself, so it all works out [emoji106]

AtlantaDad

Drag Race Newbie
Yep. Shitty '85 cutlass supreme here. 4 door. Cream colored. Went through 3 crappy V6s in that godawful thing. Got the worst gas mileage too. But it was built like a tank.

Sad part is it seems like half of the local high schoolers drive more expensive cars than my GTI. Times sure have changed.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Things are very weird these days. Baby Boomers love to call Millennials lazy and entitled but like... none of them had parents who spoiled them the way THEY (Baby Boomers) spoil us (millennials).

It's just so bizarre to me how common the sentiment is, yet it's always coming from the generation who is largely responsible for it??

Idk i've been into cars since i was 8, and in 8th grade (14) i was riding my bike 8 miles across town in august heat to hang with my friend, and i was dreaming about how nice it would be to be driving a car (AC, no physical effort, etc). At that moment, i knew i wanted to save up for a car so i could afford something besides a 90's camry. So i got a job, worked 25+ hrs a week till i turned 17, and bought a Jetta. Then, i kept working, and bought a GTI at 19. 2nd GTI at 21. Going on my 3rd at 23. This one's gonna last till i'm 27 at least.
But yeah, tons of kids in my high shool had infinitis, audis, bmws, etc that their parents bought them.

defcon5

Ready to race!
That's one bad ass first car, mine was a 1974 volvo would have killed for a new car but then again I burnt it to the ground so there's that. ?

LOL

My first was 72 Fiat Cinque Cento, but then again I burn THAT to the ground so.... :D
It was my grand father car, he was not so happy for that mistake ;)

TechRoss

Ready to race!
You guys are terrible VW fans ? my first car was a Mk1 L that blew the Welsh plugs a week later because of the long trips I was having to do so swapped my mom for a LS that I eventually put a 1600 motor in. Sold that to move to the UK and when I got back I got a 84 2.0 GTI Oettinger. Loved that car.

STANDARD H

Ready to race!
Hey guys, I'm new to the forums and I've had my MK7 GTI since September of last year. It's also my first car!

Welcome! And yes, you're far luckier than most of us on here as for your first car. Hahaha.

I had a 1988 Ford Taurus wagon handed down to me from my mom. Feels like AGES ago

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion