GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BFI Stage 3 issues

black forest ind

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
All of them
I have the same kit wit the same bleeder and have the same problem. I know BFI support is poor, but still try to get help once and was blown off. Sucks because have many of their products on my car. Was just going to bite the bullet and get a real clutch kit. Looking at the HS Tuning kit that keeps the DMF. If you figure it out plz PM or update the thred. Thanks.

Shoot us another email to sales@blackforestindustries.com with all of the information regarding your situation so we can review it.

We always urge customers to reach out via email if they are having any sort of issues so that we can work towards a solution. We fully stand behind the products we sell, and work to resolve any issues.

OP, we will be reaching out with a response via email once we review the information that you send us.

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
Let us know what the final resolution was on this when it all gets sorted out Rick1024

Porschetech1

Passed Driver's Ed
Interesting I have noticed this phenomenon on my stock clutch. After extended drives on the high hour plus or so the first time I push in the clutch it feels like it is stuck. Haven't had it feel like it doesn't disengage as you are saying but definitely not right. I was thinking that the clutch is sticking on the splines and maybe a grease could help the situation. Would love to hear what fixes yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Interesting I have noticed this phenomenon on my stock clutch. After extended drives on the high hour plus or so the first time I push in the clutch it feels like it is stuck. Haven't had it feel like it doesn't disengage as you are saying but definitely not right. I was thinking that the clutch is sticking on the splines and maybe a grease could help the situation. Would love to hear what fixes yours.

Don't want to hijack the thread, but pedal sticking to the floor at all ever?

Porschetech1

Passed Driver's Ed
Not sticking to the floor more like hard to push the pedal then all of a sudden it releases then back to normal after that one pedal push.

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
pedal stuck to the floor indicates crank walk.

Yep that's why I asked. Usually odd clutch issues like this tend to have issues with the pedal when you ask :)

So the last email was a recommendation to change out the brake fluid with motul rbf600. I couldn’t find it but found motul dot 5.1 and that will be flushed into the system on Monday morning. I have a road trip to Stuttgart that same day and will report the status when I get back. That amount of driving will definitely show whether or not the changing of the fluid helps. I also ordered the motul rbf600 anyway, so if the dot 5.1 doesn’t work, the rbf600 will be the absolute last resort before having to pull the tranny.

The problem has gotten worse, now it’s sticking more often. Super annoying. Hopefully the fluid change finally resolves this.

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Good luck man and keep us posted. It would be great to see a solution for others having the same problem

DJ_Matt

Passed Driver's Ed
I really hope that your the only one that has had a problem with this set up right now... Because I'm about a month out of pulling the trigger on a clutch kit... Unless someone can convince me other wise on a different SMF set up...

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I really wanna see this resolved and more input from other stage 3 BFI owners. I'd like to do something that'll handle is38 power SMF and I'm not a SBC fan.

Could go with my original choice clutch masters but BFI is local and I like giving them my business