GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BFI - Pwrhaus Coilovers for MK7 Golf/GTI

black forest ind

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
All of them
I have vwr springs. I actually need my rear to be a bit stiffer as it scrapes when I carry loads in the car. (I'm a dj). So these you can adjust the height on both F/R and would you say these would perform better in auto x vs stock struts/vwr springs?

We actually switched from those exact springs to these coilovers in our MK7 Golf project car!

You can adjust the height on all four corners, and they will perform quite a bit better in auto x than the stock setup with just springs. I would also recommend looking into upgrading your rear swaybar for better performance.

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
We actually switched from those exact springs to these coilovers in our MK7 Golf project car!

You can adjust the height on all four corners, and they will perform quite a bit better in auto x than the stock setup with just springs. I would also recommend looking into upgrading your rear swaybar for better performance.

thanks mate. I was thinking about just putting in a spacer but thats not gonna cut it on a track. I've never had coil overs before but it seems like a good idea to replace these stock mounts as well.

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
Would like to see more testimonials. Interested in these as an upgrade from my VWR Springs. Always interested in improving stance anyway I can :cool:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP

got a real question as this is what im trying to fix. How do these perform at high speeds say 70+ under load? One of the biggest issues i have with the vwr is that they get iffy on high speed corners usually at mid point, sure tires play a part but you can feel the bounce.

IF this is more of "stance" style coilover thats cool but I felt i should ask as I do time from time bomb this thing

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
got a real question as this is what im trying to fix. How do these perform at high speeds say 70+ under load? One of the biggest issues i have with the vwr is that they get iffy on high speed corners usually at mid point, sure tires play a part but you can feel the bounce.

IF this is more of "stance" style coilover thats cool but I felt i should ask as I do time from time bomb this thing

Rly? Went 140 on a Highway in mehico and was sound as a bell.

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
Rly? Went 140 on a Highway in mehico and was sound as a bell.

in a staight line or small lane changes sure. but i have some sweeping corners that you can easily hit at 75+ what i've noticed is that the rear specifically is too bouncy. Same thing with coming in hot into a low speed corner. The initial car movements are a little unsteady/ bouncy. The tires are planted but the body is moving just enough to make me want to lift off and re settle. I live in NY so i dont have access to anything resembling tarmac lol. Its all ashy asphalt/concrete.

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
in a staight line or small lane changes sure. but i have some sweeping corners that you can easily hit at 75+ what i've noticed is that the rear specifically is too bouncy. Same thing with coming in hot into a low speed corner. The initial car movements are a little unsteady/ bouncy. The tires are planted but the body is moving just enough to make me want to lift off and re settle. I live in NY so i dont have access to anything resembling tarmac lol. Its all ashy asphalt/concrete.

Body roll.

Rear sway bar

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
Body roll.

Rear sway bar

hmm true. that prolly would eliminate the roll.
I may try that first. ;)

Still may get CWs just so i can raise it when i gotta carry 300lbs of gear.

black forest ind

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
All of them

Body roll.

Rear sway bar

I definitely recommend a swaybar as well. I can say that these coilovers will hold up under high speed driving situations, especially over just a spring / OEM strut combo.

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
I definitely recommend a swaybar as well. I can say that these coilovers will hold up under high speed driving situations, especially over just a spring / OEM strut combo.

perfect. these are on the list.

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
aww I saw you guys post I thought it was a pwrhaus sale haha.

*not saying they aren't worth the money just everyone loves a sale