GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Chicagoland Chat Thread

THMotorsports1

Still have the white mk6?

Unfortunately no. I sold it when i moved to FL. I picked up a techno violet e36 m3 and had that for about a year and a half while i was down there. Then i sold it when i moved back to chicago. I recently picked up an e30 that i plan on boosting. The car itself is rough on the eyes but mechanically it is very sound! I'll bring her out to some meets once this weather finally changes over for good!

Unfortunately no. I sold it when i moved to FL. I picked up a techno violet e36 m3 and had that for about a year and a half while i was down there. Then i sold it when i moved back to chicago. I recently picked up an e30 that i plan on boosting. The car itself is rough on the eyes but mechanically it is very sound! I'll bring her out to some meets once this weather finally changes over for good!

You moved to Fl then moved away?! :confused:

shdwblugti

Go Kart Champion

e30 will be a fun little project car.
Definitely bring it out sometime!

THMotorsports1

You moved to Fl then moved away?! :confused:

Hahaha yes. I stuck it out for a year and a half, but to be 100% honest, i got extremely tired of the heat. 6-7 months out of the year it was upper 80s to mid 90s, with 90%+ humidity. I shouldn't break a sweat walking out to my car! I did love florida outside of the crazy heat. The other thing is i missed family and friends. I have a bunch of florida friends but things are just wayyyyy different down there.

The cold always beckons. I moved to Texas and moved away despite swearing I was done with winter forever.

I told myself i was done with illinois. It was pretty hard for me to move back home. Ultimately it came down to me missing family in friends. If they were all down there, I could have gotten past the heat. And that's what i sort of justified to myself when i moved back. 3 months of shitty winter is a small price to pay to have your best friends and family around.

protocall

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey guys! Some of you may know me from the mk6 forum. I know John (Gunkata) will recognize me. Just wanted to drop in and say hello, and to let everyone know that if they need anything at all, feel free to reach out to me. All my contact info is below! I'll be commenting and chiming in here pretty regularly :)

I know yous guys from srtforums.com. Nick and Luke still work there?

protocall

Passed Driver's Ed
Wow what color? You didn't by chance swap an lsd from an 04/05 when doing all this work.

Definitely hold on to it for me lol

Solar Yellow. Some paint correction needed after 12 years. That's my next "mod". Anyone know a really good body shop on the northwest side?

I've upgraded my 03 to the current 04/05 part revisions - PCV valve, coolant overflow bottle, stage 1 ECU/injectors, and the LSD. PWerks in Plainfield rebuilt the gearbox to stage 1 and installed the Mopar LSD in the process. Best mod ever.

Had to ditch the stage 1 because of IL emissions, bought a DSP instead. Next thing I need to do is the whole 1000cc injector email tune game and max out the stock turbo and fuel.