GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cabin filter change warning

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
As I was changing my cabin air filter yesterday couple of things went wrong.
First when opening the glovebox to gain access to the filter housing when you push up on the glovebox tabs that stops the door from opening all the way down you have to be careful not to loose the rubber feet that will go flying around if you are not careful, also that arm/guide thingy that goes into the glovebox light switch, you want to lower it carefully, my dropped down too fast and the gear inside of it came out, I'm not sure if I'm missing another part because I can now hear the little plastic gear every time I open/close the door, now I have no memory on how smooth the glovebox opens up or if I'm being paranoid lol anyways I'll go at it again on Sunday and check but rubber stops are very easy to misplace I found them on the floor.

Sent from the Moon using Tapatalk

o-iii1

Ready to race!
Same thing happened to me, lost that gear thing inside the body panel and now the glovebox is not damped when opened, it slams down. Hoping the dealer can fix it on my next visit. No idea where to find the part number for that thing!

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
Sure, no problem, the whole thing is super easy but these two things can give you a turn of events :)

Sent from the Moon using Tapatalk

gillis.jordan

Passed Driver's Ed
Either of you guys running HR lowering springs. I've put out some feelers but no response. Shop said the springs he ordered for me will drop approx 1.5 to 2 inches which is I'm assuming the sport springs. I'm running 18x8 wheels with a 35 offset. 225 40r18 tire. Just wondering if there will be any rubbing issues

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
Either of you guys running HR lowering springs. I've put out some feelers but no response. Shop said the springs he ordered for me will drop approx 1.5 to 2 inches which is I'm assuming the sport springs. I'm running 18x8 wheels with a 35 offset. 225 40r18 tire. Just wondering if there will be any rubbing issues

Wrong thread perhaps ?

gillis.jordan

Passed Driver's Ed
Wrong thread perhaps ?
Posted in the right thread and have been reading since yesterday. Seems like people are only having problems when running 235s. Just wondering if anyone has a similar set up

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
Posted in the right thread and have been reading since yesterday. Seems like people are only having problems when running 235s. Just wondering if anyone has a similar set up

Lol sorry I just figured that you meant to post on the wheel & tire section, I personally have WVR springs with ECS spacers no issues at all

gillis.jordan

Passed Driver's Ed
Lol sorry I just figured that you meant to post on the wheel & tire section, I personally have WVR springs with ECS spacers no issues at all
I went with HR to get a slight lower drop. Hopefully I have no clearance issues. There isnt a huge difference between the two {vwr} and {HR} but there's a bit

The Fed

Old Guys Rule

Threadjacking troll, how do you figure this is the right thread?

AdamSheikh

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI | 24 RS 3
Same thing happened to me, lost that gear thing inside the body panel and now the glovebox is not damped when opened, it slams down. Hoping the dealer can fix it on my next visit. No idea where to find the part number for that thing!

Exact same thing happened to me - was very close to ordering the part at my dealer but luckily found the gear under the floor mat in my back seat lol.

The part number for the damper is here: https://parts.vw.com/p/Volkswagen_2...love-Box-Support-Stop/53175060/5G1858309.html

Unfortunately need to buy the whole damper assembly rather than just the gear, etc.

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
I lost one of the rubber things, actually forgot I lost it until I read this thread....

Lol knowing that they were there and I still managed to lose one :) right after taking those pictures

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eurospek

Just finished watching Fast&Fu
How often to change?