GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Review of Ed's MK7.5 Replica headlights for MK7 PLUG N PLAY

Nsknick

Ready to race!
Hello all,

First off, I want to start with that I purchased these at full retail, and in no way received a discount for doing this review. Ed was kind enough to sell me these headlights prior to having them listed on his website.

Install - Install was like any other replica headlight. I recommend dropping the bumper, as this will make things a lot easier when installing the headlights. Headlights can be installed without dropping the bumper. Make sure to unplug your fog lights prior to dropping.

Quality - I am very pleased with the quality of the headlights, they are well built, as with all of Eds products. The knicks that you see on the right headlight are in the film I had installed (I derped when putting in the HID kit with the headlight facing down).

Function - The functions of these headlights are amazing! I love the led DRL's. At first I was not so much a fan of the MK7.5 headlights, but they grew on me. The dynamic turn signals are a bonus, as they match my OEM 7.5 tails.

One thing to note, on true 7.5 headlights, the DRL turns amber yellow for the turn signals. I personally like these as the DRL's stay on with the dynamic turn signals.

Video part 1 (blinking does not happen in person, not sure why my camera is derping)

https://youtu.be/E7anHKu-RP8

Video part 2

https://youtu.be/1C_PyXkUho8

Lastly here are some pictures. I apologize about any grammar mistakes! I wrote this up pretty quick, and will be editing it as the week progresses. :)

Link to pictures (I suck at posting pictures on forums, lol)

https://imgur.com/a/vPU8pdZ

eurospek

Just finished watching Fast&Fu
Any plans for the red grille stripe? Now just looks out of place.

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
Looks great.

What bulbs are used in the highs and lows?

Don't worry about the blinking, it happens when LEDs are videotaped.

thechromecoyote

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE
What is the HID compatibility for this version of the Ed’s headlights?

Is there enough room inside the back to attach a D2S igniter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nsknick

Ready to race!
@ eurospeak - at this time no, honestly, halogens don't have any red accents, so it doesn't bother me that much. I'm pretty sure you won't be able to find a grill that is compatible with MK7's that would match up with these reps. I could be wrong, haven't done enough research :p.

@ Faceman - I'm actually using my HID kit that was made for my halogen lights, in these. Although, the fitment is terrible, I'll end up getting a standard Morimoto HID kit for them eventually. The high beam is already installed, I haven't played with it too much to see if it can be changed. It's pretty standard looking. I was hoping with my camera being able to record 60 FPS it wouldn't blink! I was wrong, haha.

@ thechromecoyote - I believe any are compatible with them, they are coming from the same manufacture that made the MK7 replicas that ed still offers. It looks like you could attach an igniter to the back, or to the bottom. I'll have to double check and get back to you!

Thanks for the comments guys!