GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tinted Windows

outsider1

Passed Driver's Ed
Got the Crystalline done, worried about how it going to set though. I've got bubbles and small flaws which I'm thinking will go away once it sets, but the driver side window appears to have some gashing in it from the install.

The installer said it would go away once it sets, but this looks like a mistake to me. They did say they would fix it if anything, but still a pain. Thoughts?

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/MnVKVc9

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
Got the Crystalline done, worried about how it going to set though. I've got bubbles and small flaws which I'm thinking will go away once it sets, but the driver side window appears to have some gashing in it from the install.

The installer said it would go away once it sets, but this looks like a mistake to me. They did say they would fix it if anything, but still a pain. Thoughts?

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/MnVKVc9

It's hard to tell just based on that, so just wait a few days. Parking out in the sunlight will help it set quicker. Not sure if the gash you're describing is simply on the surface and can be cleaned off later. Just remember not to use window cleaners with ammonia.

I had bubbles here and there (normal), and all but 1 went away after a few days. The 1 bubble that stayed was in the hatch, and the shop I went to redid it for free.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

outsider1

Passed Driver's Ed
It's hard to tell just based on that, so just wait a few days. Parking out in the sunlight will help it set quicker. Not sure if the gash you're describing is simply on the surface and can be cleaned off later. Just remember not to use window cleaners with ammonia.

I had bubbles here and there (normal), and all but 1 went away after a few days. The 1 bubble that stayed was in the hatch, and the shop I went to redid it for free.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Thanks, I'm trying to be patient. If you zoom in you might be able to see a bit better. I'm not going to touch it for now though.

L3it3r1

Passed Driver's Ed
35% SunTek CXP
Had this on my Mercedes too and loved it.

Attachments

• 7516778336_IMG_8412.jpg
    7516778336_IMG_8412.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 1,032
  • 7516778336_IMG_8414.JPG
    7516778336_IMG_8414.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 1,038
  • 7516778336_IMG_8419.jpg
    7516778336_IMG_8419.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 1,027
  • 7516778336_IMG_8425.jpg
    7516778336_IMG_8425.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 1,035
  • 7516778336_IMG_8424.jpg
    7516778336_IMG_8424.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 1,039

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
Thanks, I'm trying to be patient. If you zoom in you might be able to see a bit better. I'm not going to touch it for now though.

Oh, the thing along the edge of the window? Yeah that looks like a nick or something. At first I thought it was something on the side mirror

MK7.5_Roa

Ready to race!
They did a good job with the lines on the rear window tint. When they did mine they left a little too much space so it looks strange.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lucky#Slevin

Go Kart Newbie
Sooo Do I tint the lil triangle window by the mirrors? I was kinda thinking not too for some reason.. Just picked up my certified pre own 17 gti..

Last edited:

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
Sooo Do I tint the lil triangle window by the mirrors? I was kinda thinking not too for some reason.. Just picked up my certified pre own 17 gti..

If you don’t tint them you will not even notice them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SM075180

Ready to race!

Do it. Find a shop that will do it or it will bug you forever in my opinion lol

I know I had to do it and I didn’t even get dark tint. Only ~50VLT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

WorkhorseGTi

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 MK7 GTi SE 6MT
I was considering my tinted my 2015 GTI windows. I have not have the vehicle through the summers days yet, but can expect the heat in the vehicle. VW quoted me $450 for 5 windows. What is the % tint I should go with. 30% visibility is the lowest by law, but might be too dark. I was considering 50 %. Your thoughts?

This is mine below.
LLumar Ceramic 35 front and 20 rear.

My guy charged me $250 instead of $225 because of the two little windows by the mirrors.

I’m in NY so basically any and all tint for the front windows are illegal now. But I figure the contrast between the front and rear might help me from getting pulled over more often.

Hope the photos help in your decision making.

PS. The dealer is going outsource your window tinting to a local guy. Why not cut out the middleman and save some $$$$?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk