GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Custom OEM looking WiFi and Garage opener buttons

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Ill show later how the cables look, and where i pulled them, i opted not to do it as perfect as the guy who retrofitted the ESC button, as i want to easily put things back together when selling it, if needed;)

Thank you for the compliment!........;)

Also very good write up & good work.

In my ESC retro fit I list all the switch modules for left side , here are the codes & modules for the right side. item number 16

http://www.partsbase.org/vw/golf-va...board-switches-in-central-console-sun-sensor/

5G1927238E control panel with pushbuttons; button marking/s:; 'park assist'
5G1927238E WZU satin black/alum

5G1927238F control panel with pushbuttons; with button marking/s:; parking aid,; 'park assist; system'
5G1927238F WZU satin black/alum

Beagle_R

Where did you get the blank buttons? I can't find just blank buttons. I got a new switch module but the original buttons have the icon already engraved. Also, it looks like the originals must be damaged to be removed since the plastic snap features don't allow disassembly.

This means that I can hook up the electrical connection for my garage door opener and gate opener but the mechanical switch (and icon) remain the same. I'm looking for the cosmetically better OEM look you have.

Adog35

Where did you get the blank buttons? I can't find just blank buttons. I got a new switch module but the original buttons have the icon already engraved. Also, it looks like the originals must be damaged to be removed since the plastic snap features don't allow disassembly.

This means that I can hook up the electrical connection for my garage door opener and gate opener but the mechanical switch (and icon) remain the same. I'm looking for the cosmetically better OEM look you have.

Any luck finding blank buttons?