GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Joining the GTI community

Christophunkk

Hi everyone, I picked up a 2016 GTI Autobahn this weekend. Daily driver, my second vehicle is a 2010 Tundra Crewmax (looking forward to better daily gas mileage...).

Looks like I'll be using the resources on this forum quite often! No plans with mods on the car as of yet - just going to get my driving in for a couple thousand miles at least... or until I feel that it needs something :).

Thanks guys!
Chris

Last edited:

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Welcome to the forums and Volkswagen in general! Awesome daily driver right out of the box, even better with mods, but you’ll enjoy it and the mileage either way

Jarbear

Ready to race!
No plans with mods on the car as of yet- just going to get my driving in for a couple thousand miles at least... or until I feel that it needs something :).

Congrats and welcome!

Famous last words. It all starts with something small like LEDs or some badge inlays, then all of the sudden you're upgrading turbos. Luckily I haven't hit that point yet, but I feel it coming. Good luck lol

Christophunkk

Thanks guys! So far I have zero regrets!

I'm still getting used to driving it, and I think these things will clear up after some experience but: It seems like the clutch isn't as forgiving as other cars I've driven. I've owned several MT cars and driven them for over 10 years (however 3 of them were Hondas). This will probably get better as I learn to drive it.

The other thing is it seems like there's "less power" in first and second gear. There might not be, and I haven't really tried stepping on it too hard but in third and fourth I can definitely feel it when the turbo kicks in. Probably normal?

Thanks for the welcome guys! Hoping a clutch mod isn't in my near future... :|

Jarbear

Ready to race!
It seems like the clutch isn't as forgiving as other cars I've driven.

CLICK ME

The other thing is it seems like there's "less power" in first and second gear. There might not be, and I haven't really tried stepping on it too hard but in third and fourth I can definitely feel it when the turbo kicks in. Probably normal?

Probably just you ;)

Hoping a clutch mod isn't in my near future... :|

It may be if you tune it :D

Eman1

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI
Yeah the 6MT is not good out of the factory. I did the bleeder delete, spring delete, DIY clutch stop, Forge short shifter, and BFI stage 2 insert and just finally got it to where I’m enjoying the transmission. Not all of these are necessary but all do help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bluesforchallah

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi everyone, I picked up a 2016 GTI Autobahn this weekend. Daily driver, my second vehicle is a 2010 Tundra Crewmax (looking forward to better daily gas mileage...).

Looks like I'll be using the resources on this forum quite often! No plans with mods on the car as of yet - just going to get my driving in for a couple thousand miles at least... or until I feel that it needs something :).

Thanks guys!
Chris

Nice. Welcome to the group.

This one is also located in Kirkland, Juanita neighborhood.

~ Chris

king_samosa

Passed Driver's Ed

Picked up my 2017 GTI SE with performance package last Tuesday! Was between a couple cars but decided on this one. It's the first car that I bought myself and no regrets so far!