GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mud Flaps/Splash Guards - Yes or No

VWpartsman1

Passed Driver's Ed
Clicked the link.... it says $1,500.00 for shipping on a $21.00 item lol.

Still $1500 USD shipping, I sent them a message asking if thi was an error/oversight and got this reply....

“Thank you for your interest in our items.
However this is our standard shipping rate for anything out side of the contiguous 48 US states.

Sincerely,
CPC”

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
I've got a set in my cart and there is no shipping charge.

NM...I see that you're from Canada. Try a different vendor? There is more than one selling them...even though it looks like they ship from the same city.

VWpartsman1

Passed Driver's Ed
Shipping to Canada $1500 haha, maybe the guy is going to walk to my house and hand deliver it to me lolol

Pickleahoy1

Ready to race!
Update on the ebay flappers:

They fit ok, no issues, just not perfectly flush. The finish had no blemishes on the outside and the bolt holes lined right up except for the one screw you gotta drill a hole onto the fender liner.

Edit with daylight shot:

Last edited:

gtwhy

Passed Driver's Ed
I just bought these for $34 US.

Will report back when they arrive to provide more info on fit and finish. They appear to be similar/the same as the Red Hound flaps posted by a member a few pages back.

Edit: On closer inspection they appear to be similar/the same as the ebay mudflaps the poster above me had installed.

Last edited:

flygteye

Ready to race!
I had the OEM on for a long time and today I installed Rokblokz. Love the way they look but I have to get the dirt off from the OEM's yet. You can still see the outline of them on the car. Easy to install too.

Jack Straw

Ready to race!
I know this is an old and tired subject but has anyone found decent OEM style mudguard for an R? The EBay vendor who had them around the first of the year is STILL out of stock.

burchtd

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
'17 GTI S
My Night Blue Metallic cane with them. I really like the way they look personally. Combine those with the side skirts and they look pretty good. (Will post a pic later if interested, currently on a break at work).

I was going to invest in the Maxton rear diffuser, but I decided against it after I watched a review video on it. If I could opt out of the diffuser side skirts and lower the price I would, but I can’t. What’s more, if doesn’t work with the OEM mudflaps, unless affixed at a very unattractive angle.

I’m not a part of the empty roof rack club (and I don’t intend on joining unless I really invest in a bike), but I’ll be a part of the Junior ‘basement stance’ club. Haha. I do intend on lowering the car, but it’s all tasteful mods. This is my first ‘performance car’ so I want to go for form&function, not one over the other. Plus my apartment complex has multiple speed bumps. D:<

SM075180

Ready to race!
My Night Blue Metallic cane with them. I really like the way they look personally. Combine those with the side skirts and they look pretty good. (Will post a pic later if interested, currently on a break at work).

I was going to invest in the Maxton rear diffuser, but I decided against it after I watched a review video on it. If I could opt out of the diffuser side skirts and lower the price I would, but I can’t. What’s more, if doesn’t work with the OEM mudflaps, unless affixed at a very unattractive angle.

I’m not a part of the empty roof rack club (and I don’t intend on joining unless I really invest in a bike), but I’ll be a part of the Junior ‘basement stance’ club. Haha. I do intend on lowering the car, but it’s all tasteful mods. This is my first ‘performance car’ so I want to go for form&function, not one over the other. Plus my apartment complex has multiple speed bumps. D:<

Mine just shipped! I decided with the amount I mulled buying them over in my head I obviously wanted to give them a go. I think they’ll blend in really nice and subtlety against the black paint. I’ll post pics once they’re here and installed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
I’m not a part of the empty roof rack club (and I don’t intend on joining unless I really invest in a bike). D:<

I don’t get this part, if I have a roof rack but I use it on weekends for my bike and my daughter’s bike or maybe I don’t need to use it for a month, I’m I supposed to take it off so that people don’t think that I just have it on my roof so that it looks good? Pardon my ignorance maybe I’m just confused

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

burchtd

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
'17 GTI S
I don’t get this part, if I have a roof rack but I use it on weekends for my bike and my daughter’s bike or maybe I don’t need to use it for a month, I’m I supposed to take it off so that people don’t think that I just have it on my roof so that it looks good? Pardon my ignorance maybe I’m just confused

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For myself personally? I like roof racks, but that comment was spawning off of a few others earlier in this thread. However, for all intents and purposes I'm a minimalist (if only part-time) I wouldn't buy a rack because I wouldn't really have a use for it. I still love the way they look, most definitely (also I realize I could just get a rack and get a bike, but I think the previous comment that sparked my comment was from someone who wasn't interested in stance or most guys who stance and put the roof racks on for visual a e s t h e t i c s )!

Last edited:

burchtd

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
'17 GTI S
Mine just shipped! I decided with the amount I mulled buying them over in my head I obviously wanted to give them a go. I think they’ll blend in really nice and subtlety against the black paint. I’ll post pics once they’re here and installed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Didn't take a really good picture, but here you go! For the most part, they blend in with the NBM

Attachments

• IMG_0251.JPG
    IMG_0251.JPG
    397 KB · Views: 1,280

bilagain

Passed Driver's Ed
I have factory splash guards up front. Happy with them and flush fit spacers. Might consider rears also after checking out how the body work is wearing after 2 1/2 winters now. Will be removing them to check under this summer and probably be adding paint protection film. In response to someone else, I didn't read this whole thread... had my roof rack on for a year. Left marks where it contacted the paint. Took a lot of work to get them where they are almost invisible. Mine's a 2 door so the trim on the rear window gives it away long before you can see a whiteish spot on the CSG paint. FYI- i've seen people say they've even gone as far as wet sanded to get rid of the marks. I did not. Just some effort with every wash and Meguiars Scratch, Swirl and then Polish a few times after washing. Haven't had to do that in a year and I'm fine with the results/stopping point. Suggestion is consider paint protection film for under the rack.