GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

**Gun Enthusiast Thread**

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
So who here thinks Bloomberg and the Brady bunch are going to spin the good guy with a gun into a redneck vigilanti?

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
So who here thinks Bloomberg and the Brady bunch are going to spin the good guy with a gun into a redneck vigilanti?

They won't do much with this one because it doesn't fit their narrative:

1. Crime committed by prohibited owner/purchaser (dishonorable discharge from US military; also domestic abuser). This shows that more stringent gun laws are easily circumvented by criminals.
2. Crime spree ended by legal CCW carrier. This shows that good guys with guns do stop bad guys with guns.
3. If CCW wasn't prohibited in churches, this may have been stopped even sooner.

In addition, this was committed in a red state and against Christian, conservative, white people. This doesn't push any hot buttons for liberals. They can't play identity politics very well with it. They'd prefer that blacks, gays, etc be targeted so they can whip up more populist leftist frenzy.

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
Now that's a bargain and a half.

I would be very interested if I didn't already purchase 5 firearms this year, i'm cutting myself off.

Please allow me to brag for a minute. :D

That Savage Ashbury Precision went out of stock shortly after I posted it here, but it came back in stock on Cabela's today, still for sale for $999 (street price is about $1300: https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/011356226327?view=list).

Now, I still wanted to whittle away at that, so I applied the 5% veteran discount to get it to ~$949:

Then I read about discount Cabela's gift cards and did some Googling. I found a site called Raise.com that allowed me to buy $950 of Cabela's cards for $819.76:

And after the $150 Savage rebate comes in, the rifle will have cost me $669.76. No sales tax in Delaware and no background check fee for Cabela's purchase. Not bad for a rifle with MSRP of $1799. Winning. :D:D:D

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
The only problem with the attack is, someone would have needed to be say, in a corner at the rear of the church with a 12-gauge, and fired as soon as he burst in. I'm assuming he was in a position of advantage.

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
Another amended assault weapons ban proposal...

Here we go again...a new bill proposed Wednesday. It specifically calls out 1,500 "military style firearms" and anything with a "detachable ammunition magazine, forward or rearward pistol grips, and a threaded barrel."

Drops your cocks and grab your socks, it's time to cut the head of the snake :D

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
Selling my S&W Model 60 and my full size Ruger GP100. Both .357 magnums and both have fewer then 500 rounds through them. If you are at all interested DM me I can send more info and pics.

Looking to downsize my pistol safe and get a 686 Performance Center, I decided I needed a wheel gun without a fluted spool. Just so clean and classy looking.

armedferret

Ready to race!
Range day sunday. Gonna fire my Afghan Martini for the first (and only ever) time. .577-.450 should be interesting. Got my hands on 2 rounds, one is getting fired, and the other stays intact to display with the rifle (and be the 39th backup gun in case of home invasion).

Bluehen, be out in your neck for that one at DSC. Welcome to join if you like. :)

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
Range day sunday. Gonna fire my Afghan Martini for the first (and only ever) time. .577-.450 should be interesting. Got my hands on 2 rounds, one is getting fired, and the other stays intact to display with the rifle (and be the 39th backup gun in case of home invasion).

Bluehen, be out in your neck for that one at DSC. Welcome to join if you like. :)
Dude! Let us know how it goes and if possible, Instagram video?

armedferret

Ready to race!
Save the brass.
Someone can reload it for you...

1. I got 2 rounds free from a friend.

2. Dies themselves are already prohibitively expensive.

3. The fuckin gun is 115 years old at the youngest, and absolutely shows its age (including the nearly 20-pound trigger pull weight). Rusty patina everywhere, and the bore is a sewer pipe. It was bought as a display piece only/reminder of those 6 months in the same valleys and ridgelines Alexander the Great marched through.

4. I have no interest in adding a non-existent blackpowder, paper-patched cartridge to my already-overwhelming reloading repertoire.

5. I have plenty of firearms to shoot, I have no interest in shooting this thing repeatedly.

Reggie Enchilada

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
yes