GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ideal smart phone mount for Mk7: Kenu Airframe

nype

Drag Racing Champion
I think D-Dock is overpriced for what it is. It is good for hiding the phone, but for those who use their phone for Waze or JB4 Bluetooth connect, it is not that useful.
ProClip Angled mount works best for that purpose.

I like being able to dock it in/out as easily as it does. Tidier look IMO. And anyone else in the family who might be lucky enough to drive my car can use the dock as well since we all currently have iPhone 6s.

But like you said, if you do use apps that require you to see / interact with the phone, this is not a good option. Totally see why you went that route. I would have as well.

Ubermeister

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 3,925

NCR-R

Ready to race!
That one isn't bad... not sure I want my phone over the passenger seat but if just me in the car wouldn't be bad. Would the magnet that goes on the back of the iPhone fit under the Apple leather case though?

NCR-R

Ready to race!
I think some people with non-plus iPhones have been able to close the door. Depending on case etc.

I am not quite able to close it with my iPhone 6, with or without a thin case. Not a big deal to me.

I would imagine that any plus model iPhone will not allow the door to close.

Thanks for the info! I think that would rule it out for me since I usually keep a spare phone connected in the car for music and CarPlay.

-Stinger-

Thanks for the info! I think that would rule it out for me since I usually keep a spare phone connected in the car for music and CarPlay.

I use an iPhone 5S and in the morning I just drop it in the D-Dock without looking or fiddling with cables, close the lid for a nice and clean look -and then just forget the phone. CarPlay pops up on the screen and my Discover Pro have all the features I need on the 8" screen. Phonecalls, messages, Navigation, DAB Radio and podcasts are easily used while the phone is in it's secrect cradle charging away. The look and quality of the dock is like OEM.

I literally don't need to look at my phone while driving so I love that it's stored and charging out of sight.

Last edited:

NCR-R

Ready to race!
I use an iPhone 5S and in the morning I just drop it in the D-Dock without looking or fiddling with cables, close the lid for a nice and clean look -and then just forget the phone. CarPlay pops up on the screen and my Discover Pro have all the features I need on the 8" screen. Phonecalls, messages, Navigation, DAB Radio and podcasts are easily used while the phone is in it's secrect cradle charging away. The look and quality of the dock is like OEM.

I literally don't need to look at my phone while driving so I love that it's stored and charging out of sight.

Ya, I guess I could setup my old 5S and do that and just keep it in there all the time... but then I guess not much need for that dock at all. I wonder if there is a way to have 2 docks connected to the USB port in the pocket at the same time (some mini-hub) - as long as only one device was connected at a time?

paul_s

That one isn't bad... not sure I want my phone over the passenger seat but if just me in the car wouldn't be bad. Would the magnet that goes on the back of the iPhone fit under the Apple leather case though?

Hi NCR-R, I've got that mount and it works through the Apple leather case on my iPhone 7 with no problems at all.

Cheers
Paul

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
I purchased the Kenu Airframe magnetic and I really like it, I haven't test it on my GTI yet but I have it on my daily now and I really like it, blends well with the car, uses soft rubber on the vent clips and it is ver adjustable , I had a Scosche before and while I like it because it sits flush on the vents I kind like the Kenu better although sticks out more, but that will give more flexibility, another plus is that I can move my vents from side to side without issue, I'll try it on my GTI next and I decide if I'll get one for the GTI. I'll update once I use it on the VW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NVDuckin

Are these any different than other vent magnet mounts? They look like they use exactly the same mounting hardware as the other brands on Amazon except for the branding and costing twice as much.

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
Are these any different than other vent magnet mounts? They look like they use exactly the same mounting hardware as the other brands on Amazon except for the branding and costing twice as much.

Besides Kenu and Scosche I have no experience with any other brand.
They are both different the Kenu is adjustable the Scosche is not.
I can not compare it to any offering from Amazon , I'll I can say is that the materials and feel of the mount are high quality.

I'll see how it goes with everyday use.

elamothe15

Ready to race!
I used the Kenu for a long time now I have this on my cars

Does the magnet actually work through a case?