GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ideal smart phone mount for Mk7: Kenu Airframe

Matrick

Passed Driver's Ed
I had been looking for an ideal smartphone mount that didn't obscure the windscreen and found the Keno Airframe. It works really well with my Golf GT so thought it would be worth sharing here.

http://www.kenu.com/#/products/airframe

The mount fixes so easily to the air vent and can be removed easily without damaging the vent, something that was a big problem with old-school vent mounts. I bought it from Amazon.co.uk for £15.00, they are available on eBay for £5.00 but I didn't want to risk getting a fake.

The image below shows the mount with my iPhone 6s (in protective case) and there is plenty of spare width for a wider phone.

Last edited:

Matrick

Passed Driver's Ed
The cable runs to the 12v socket behind the gearstick, a standard length iPhone cable. I've also updated the photo, looks much better now :)

The cable doesn't obscure the infotainment screen although the photo might look like the top of it does; the phone can also be held lower by the grip jaws (the phone moves upwards) which positions the cable further from the screen.

Last edited:

flygteye

Ready to race!
I use one of these too.

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
I used the Kenu for a long time now I have this on my cars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

monochrome

I picked up $1.37 bootleg version of the Kenu Airframe (could even be OEM... who knows) from Aliexpress. It worked very well for a few weeks, but I ended up giving it to my roommate as I do not really enjoy constantly adjusting/re-adjusting my dash vents when inserting or removing the phone.

kenu-vw

Already placed this on a few other threads but I'm the designer of the Airframe car mount by Kenu. We created a 20% discount code for anyone on this forum looking to try it out, use "golfmk7-20" at checkout on www.kenu.com, valid until 8/31/17. We're coming out with a new line of mounts next month, all have been tested in an mk7 and they look great in it also :) Would love any feedback, and you can direct message us also on Twitter or Facebook at @kenu

nype

Drag Racing Champion
^^^ Yup! 100% agree. Love mine.

NCR-R

Ready to race!
D-Dock looks nice but wow that is not cheap. Only downside of having it there is not being able to use it for logging/tuning but that doesn't happen that often anyways.
Does the door close still with a Plus model iPhone in it?

nate704

Go Kart Champion
I think D-Dock is overpriced for what it is. It is good for hiding the phone, but for those who use their phone for Waze or JB4 Bluetooth connect, it is not that useful.
ProClip Angled mount works best for that purpose.

GLoBaLReBeL

Ready to race!
The D-Dock looks great, but come on . . . $90?!?! You kidding me? At least do an angled design to allow you to gain an extra inch or so clearance so the cubby lid can close. I really like the look of it, but the cost is way too high.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
D-Dock looks nice but wow that is not cheap. Only downside of having it there is not being able to use it for logging/tuning but that doesn't happen that often anyways.
Does the door close still with a Plus model iPhone in it?

I think some people with non-plus iPhones have been able to close the door. Depending on case etc.

I am not quite able to close it with my iPhone 6, with or without a thin case. Not a big deal to me.

I would imagine that any plus model iPhone will not allow the door to close.