GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fitting the Yeti exhaust tips

Chopper3

My 1.6 TDI finally arrived and I'd order a pair of those Yeti chrome tips but I couldn't manage to get one to fit on - it goes over the end of the exhaust but I couldn't then push it on due to the internal metal bits.

Any suggestions? I'm just getting over cancer so my strength's not what it once was but I would've thought it may have been easier than it is. Cheers.

CHAZGOLFGTMK7

Passed Driver's Ed
Sorry to hear about the Cancer, Glad you recovering :) The clips should push in, i have seen a few people of here wack them on with a mallet/hammer via piece of wood to protect them! Good luck!

vwman

Go Kart Champion
Yes they do need several gentle wacks around the circumference edge to get them to start to take.

Then just continue wacking until the tips are fully on.
You do need to keep checking they don't turn to keep them in the right plane.

Chopper3

Yes they do need several gentle wacks around the circumference edge to get them to start to take.

Then just continue wacking until the tips are fully on.
You do need to keep checking they don't turn to keep them in the right plane.

I did try this with a rubber hammer, even got my 18yo rower son to try but he couldn't, I wonder if they don't fit on the 1.6 that only has a single pipe?

DW58

Go Kart Champion
Isn't the 1.6TDi exhaust a slightly different diameter?

Sorry to hear of your illness Chopper - SWMBO had the full works 5 years ago, not a pleasant experience, but it gets better.

Chopper3

Isn't the 1.6TDi exhaust a slightly different diameter?

Sorry to hear of your illness Chopper - SWMBO had the full works 5 years ago, not a pleasant experience, but it gets better.

Could be, will go and measure, I won't be too fussed if it doesn't fit - and I'll offer them to others if that's the case. Thanks for your help gents.

burso

Ready to race!
I am pretty sure the 1.6 has a different diameter. Using a single tip won't work.
I bought mine from a forum member with a 1.6TDI as he had no use for them.