GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HID lighting help

Msabino30

I have a non lighting package golf and got a pair of helix headlights. I have morimoto HIDs installed and whenever my low beams turn on I get a driver side and passenger side low beam error, however the lights still work. Also when I try to leave the high beams on the low beams will flicker. Is there anyway I can code this out? What else could be causing this?

Thanks

darth_furious1

Passed Driver's Ed
Did you get the canbus kit? You should contact the place you got the morimotos from to see if they will replace under warranty.

If the high beams on the low beans flicker, it sounds like the shutter is dropping. Maybe your helix set has bad wiring.

If you have the canbus adapter and want to rule out the helix, take your original lights, pop the hood, plug in the harness to original fixture (probably don't need to disassemble the fixtures). Then plug the hids into the original light fixtures to see if it is the helix

bluekid99

Drag Race Newbie
ive had this issue with the deautokey HID kit...tried new ballast and bulbs...havent tried the module...it goes on for a month or two then turns off...its been off now for my low beam for about 2-3 months now...im just fed up with it so its going back to stock...im tired of pulling a headlight every so many months to fix a problem to have it happen again

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
ive had this issue with the deautokey HID kit...tried new ballast and bulbs...havent tried the module...it goes on for a month or two then turns off...its been off now for my low beam for about 2-3 months now...im just fed up with it so its going back to stock...im tired of pulling a headlight every so many months to fix a problem to have it happen again

Ok, I figured out you are speaking about the H7RC Halogen housing and it was determined to be a no-tap adapter issue.

The OP is referring to the HID kit H7/D2H which doesn't require any adapters (it is a very different setup):
http://deautokey.com/product/h7-hid...7-including-but-not-limited-helix-ed-s-spyder

We never had any issues with errors or connection problem with the Helix or our H7RC kit.

They determined from your feedback it was a connection issue with the no-taps and suggested you simply bend metal outwards to receive a better connection.

This isn't the same issue at all as the OP. The OP has a HID kit that is throwing errors.

The HID kit for the helix doesn't require the no-taps like the H7RC (OEM / halogen housing). The HID kit we have also doesn't throw any error codes. We want to address your issue and help you but also be clear that it is very different vs the issue OP is having with the morimioto kit.

Last edited: