GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BCM FRONT FOGLIGHT RETROFIT

nicolas2746

Hello to all,
My MK7 has rear fog lights and i want to retrofit front ones. in pin 5 of my switch there is a cable already that goes to the bcm. My BCM is the following:

Address 09: Cent. Elect. (J519) Labels:| 5Q0-937-08X-BV1.clb
Part No SW: 5Q0 937 084 AF HW: 5Q0 937 084 AF
Component: BCM MQBAB B H18 0134

Does anyone knows if it can accept front foglights?

Every help would be much appreciated.

Thank you

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
Hello to all,
My MK7 has rear fog lights and i want to retrofit front ones. in pin 5 of my switch there is a cable already that goes to the bcm. My BCM is the following:

Address 09: Cent. Elect. (J519) Labels:| 5Q0-937-08X-BV1.clb
Part No SW: 5Q0 937 084 AF HW: 5Q0 937 084 AF
Component: BCM MQBAB B H18 0134

Does anyone knows if it can accept front foglights?

Every help would be much appreciated.

Thank you

That's the base model BCM, so I don't believe it has the pin you need.

nicolas2746

That's the base model BCM, so I don't believe it has the pin you need.

This is a photo of my BCM. It is the same. Can you tell if those pins exist? Thanks

Attachments

• 125308es-960.jpg
    125308es-960.jpg
    218 KB · Views: 801

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
It's hard to tell if pins B5 and B45 are present. Can you take another photo with a closeup of those pins? Those would be the ones supplying 12V to each front foglight.

If the pins are not present, it's still possible to install fogs, but it will require installing a relay and doing a little more creative BCM coding.

Last edited:

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
There is basically no chance it has the pins. Check out my build thread for how I installed front fogs. Was fairly easy but you need coding software/device.

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
There is basically no chance it has the pins. Check out my build thread for how I installed front fogs. Was fairly easy but you need coding software/device.

Can you link to that thread? I'd be interested, as I have a bäse mödel S ;) and want to do this upgrade as well. Did you assign another unused leuchte channel for which there was a pin? Or did you go the relay route, energized by the rotary switch fog control pin 5?

Edit: nevermind, I see the link in your sig. :eek:

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion

I looked through your thread (awesome OEM upgrade work!), and saw that you posted that you used an unused light channel for which there was a pin... but I can't find where you stated which channel and pin. Can you tell me? I made a map of all the unused leuchte channels in my BCM admap and have all the pin locations, but haven't looked at the BCM itself to see which ones (if any?) are there.

Last edited: