GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ZacR's Build Thread

Zacr811

Ready to race!
Holy mother of God 285's

They are the same width as the 265 Tropheos actually but yeah it’s a lot tire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sandmangti

Autocross Newbie
New rubber for Gridlife Midwest. Class is limited to a 200TW tire so I had to grab some RE71R to compete. 285/30/18 front and 225/40/18 rears.

We are not worthy!

Can not see track video.
Maybe not worthy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Zacr811

Ready to race!

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Thanks for the re-post of the video.
It was worth it. You must have to have one of the quickest GTI's.
If not I would like to see the others. Even sounds quick.
Great job!
What paddle extensions do you run! Leyo?
Love the large gear number display in main dash. Wish the OE could be enlarged.
MK8 designers please make note. Easy to program in for us.

Keep it up and share!

Zacr811

Ready to race!
Thanks for the re-post of the video.
It was worth it. You must have to have one of the quickest GTI's.
If not I would like to see the others. Even sounds quick.
Great job!
What paddle extensions do you run! Leyo?
Love the large gear number display in main dash. Wish the OE could be enlarged.
MK8 designers please make note. Easy to program in for us.

Keep it up and share!

It’s pretty quick that’s for sure. Lots of fun.

Paddles are pinnalloy extensions. I’m actually working on getting an aftermarket OMP or Sparco wheel with paddles working with a couple friends. Should be an interesting project.

I agree. When I’m not focusing on what gears I’m in I would sometime get lost and shift into the wrong gear. It’s very nice having the large gear displayed right in front of you.

Zacr811

Ready to race!
My friend Jason created this awesome sun visor for my AIM display. Using his 3D printer he designed it himself and even etched my name in it.

Going to work on installing it tonight and cleaning on the way the dash it mounted. I still wish I could remove the dash entirely and just run the AIM display. Oh well.

Zacr811

Ready to race!
Worked on cleaning up the dash install last night. I ideally wanted to remove the entire cluster it self and place the AIM display in its spot. Unfortunately the immobilizer is built in and the car won’t run without be oem cluster. So I came up with a new way to mount it. Still needs to be worked on and painted but it’s a lot better than before.

Zacr811

Ready to race!
Well my MCS dampers showed up! Works of art. Almost a shame to go hide them under the car.

Just waiting on springs and 60mm perches from Vorshlag to arrive before we assemble and install.

Also picked up the new BOV from turbo smart. Direct plug and play. Sounds pretty cool from what I can hear over my loud ass car but it really builds and holds boost 100x better than the stock DV. Either something was wrong with it before or this is just that much better.

Rafiki76

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKVII GTI
That was a nice hot lap. Your driving is very smooth

Zacr811

Ready to race!
Finally after a lot research, countless emails and conversations regarding spring rates and lengths everything to instal the new MCS 2WNR dampers has arrived.

I’ll be installing these Sunday and then setting them up on the track Monday.

To say I’m excited is an understatement. Also running out of space in the garage for parts and stuff...good thing my bedroom has some extra space lol.

cazual

Those look really sweet Zac.

D.

Finally after a lot research, countless emails and conversations regarding spring rates and lengths everything to instal the new MCS 2WNR dampers has arrived.

I’ll be installing these Sunday and then setting them up on the track Monday.

To say I’m excited is an understatement. Also running out of space in the garage for parts and stuff...good thing my bedroom has some extra space lol.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Zacr811

Ready to race!

Zacr811

Ready to race!
Wow yesterday was productive. After picking up the car I had the evening to myself and took the opportunity to install my MCS kit.

Typing this now my hands are killing me. This is always such a pain to do. Anyways. Everything bolted up and went together well aside from 1 issue that has to be resolved in the near future. My camber plates spools are a bit to long but it’s fine.

Taking the car to the track tomorrow and getting these dialed in!

Zacr811

Ready to race!
On my way to pick up the car from my friend Matt at GT Customs. Once again he killed it. Can’t wait to hear what it sounds like!