GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

flygteye's Autobahn

flygteye

Ready to race!
Fuel pump recall done today. Car idles a lot smoother now. Will attempt to install the under tray parts this weekend.

flygteye

Ready to race!
Installed the front exhaust tunnel cover. Rear exhaust cover won't fit due to my Borla exhaust. Rear axle cover almost fit....it just wouldn't screw into the new bracket. Don't know why. It just kept turning and turning like screw wasn't long enough. Oh well...I guess if anyone want's the rear exhaust cover, let me know.

flygteye

Ready to race!
So after 5.5 years and with a little over 23,000 miles....the turbo died and I'm not happy about it. Started showing the EPC light. Ran a scan and found "turbo actuator" stuck...I knew then it was all over.

Now the local APR people say about $2700 to replace the stock turbo. Sound right?

I decided to upgrade to a IS38...APR people said....we aren't sure you can do that...WTF!? Said they will "see" if it's possible. I said I will buy the turbo and intercooler and they can install it.....they said, "no" they will not install the turbo if I buy it. It has to come from one of their vendors..."if" they do it. Anyone else run into this and how much did you pay to upgrade to the IS38? I'm still driving it because there is no way I can have that done now. Good thing I bought another car...2016 Tiguan R-line...so now I can drive my car even less...haha!

Other than that nothing new with the car. Been spending $$ on the Tiguan now instead......

flygteye

Ready to race!
Got the car back from the APR dealer. I had the IS38, new software, intercooler, and boost hose kit installed. Unfortuately it's been raining the last 2 days and I have OEM tires on it so I won't get to fully experience it until next spring. At least I have something to look forward to! Also next spring I planning on new rotors and pads.