GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Swedish Limestone (2014 GTI PP DCC)

Calle

Passed Driver's Ed
Found a nice 6MT Golf GTI MK7 during the summer of 2017. It only had 19 000km on the clock and had never been driven during the winter before.

They come pretty high speced from the beginning in Sweden. But this is the (TLDR) good stuff:

Limestone Grey Metallic
18" VW Austin during summer, 17" Yokohama winter tires with studs during winter.
DCC
Power Pack
Navigation (Discover Pro w large screen)
Dynaudio Excite with trunk subwoofer.
Keyless
Lane Assist
Dynamic Light Assist
Park Assist 2.0
Tinted rear windows

First thing I did was to coat it with CQuartz UK ceramic coating.

10 months later it's still holding on very well. Topping with Reload from time to time.

Second thing dogbone insert.

I also removed the clutch line restriction membrane and added a clutch stop mod (had to trim it a few mm but now it's perfect).

The latest addon is the JB4 which I'm now dialing in after the best of my ability :)

Stay tuned! :)

Last edited:

Calle

Passed Driver's Ed
Welcome!

Very nice purchase and mods.
Share pics of countryside from drives.
Look forward to more.

Thank you, will try to get some nice pictures from the country side.

My wheel hubs has started to look a bit dull and rusty so I painted them with a silver satin hammer paint. Made a big difference!

Calle

Passed Driver's Ed
New wheels and new rubber in place. Ready for the summer!

Neuspeed Rse52, 18x8 with Michelin Pilot Sport 4 (225/40)

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
Riktigt snygga fälgar, har också PS4a däck i 235/40 18 och är nöjd efter lite inkörning.

Calle

Passed Driver's Ed
Riktigt snygga fälgar, har också PS4a däck i 235/40 18 och är nöjd efter lite inkörning.

Jag var lite nojig kring färgen från början men jag tycker det passade bra. Sedan är det ju bara att plus att de är kring 3kg lättare jämfört med Austin.

Har bara kört några mil med däcken men spontant verkar det vara riktigt bra bett i dem jämfört med original Bridgestone.

Du har inte upplevt några problem med att det tar i med 235/40?

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
Jag var lite nojig kring färgen från början men jag tycker det passade bra. Sedan är det ju bara att plus att de är kring 3kg lättare jämfört med Austin.

Har bara kört några mil med däcken men spontant verkar det vara riktigt bra bett i dem jämfört med original Bridgestone.

Du har inte upplevt några problem med att det tar i med 235/40?

Nä det tar inte i någonstans jag har Team dynamics pro race 1.2 i 8x18 ET40 och dom sitter riktigt bra.

Calle

Passed Driver's Ed
I've been detailing and fixing up my car the last couple of days. It's almost 2 years since I coated it with CQuartz UK. It's been holding on great, however the roof seems to have taken a beating compared to the other panels.

So I did a proper wash with petroleum degreaser, alkaline degreaser followed by CarPro Reset.

After the wash I coated the car with a layer of CarPro Reload.
Then it was time to mount my Thule roof rack and Thule Upride bike mount. The installation was pretty smooth and I also applied paint protection film under the feet of the rack.

When the outside was done I gave the interior a proper cleaning starting with vacuming everything. Then cleaned all the surfaces and textiles with an mild APC.
Then I coated all textiles with CarPro CQuartz Fabric Coat and the plastic trim and dashboard was coated with TAC Systems Seal diluted 1:5.
The rubber mats got a cover of Seal diluted 1:2.