GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 Digital Cockpit retrofit

ecsta

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 R
no it displays whatever is on the cluster your fitting ive seen 5 different ones retrofitted all displaying the mileage from the cluster not off the car

So if someone has to get their cluster replaced their mileage will be reset? I don't believe that...

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
If the dealer replaces the cluster they have the tools to match the mileage on the new cluster to the old.

bbusato

Does anyone know how exactly the splitter is installed and where should I install it? I am ordering my cockpit and I've found the splitter on ebay and other sites, but I have no idea how to hook it up so that nav works on both MIB2 and cockpit.

Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated! I don't use/have a Facebook account and it won't even let me view the Alltrack Owners page. Lame.

vrod

Ready to race!
This splitter is only needed if you have the Dynaudio package. If you don’t have this, you will need a normal fiber cable to connect the nav and cluster.

Ok so given that you HAVE dynaudio, here’s how you connect it:

1. Take the satnav including display out.
2. Take the cluster out.
2. From the female connector of the cable, you have one “short” part and one “long part” to a male connector.
3. Pull the longer part across the dash where the display sits, it should be long enough to reach the upper right corner of the cluster mounting place, which is also where the port is located on the cluster.
4. Leave the shorter part with the female connector lf the cable, as this will go into the radio.
5. Connect the splitter to the original cable. The short end to the back of the satnav and put that all back in again. You might have to fiddle a little with the optic cable.
6. Put the display back in place
7. Put new or old cluster in.

bbusato

Thanks vrod!

I am in the US and I have the Fender package, not the Dynaudio. But from what I understand, the set up will be the same. There's a Facebook group for Golf Alltrack owners with information on this retrofit, as crxgator mentioned here on the thread, but I don't use Facebook and it's a closed group so even if you have a Facebook account, you also have to be a member of the group in order to read any of the posts on there. Thanks to the screenshots crxgator posted, I need one of these:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/18e1-Kabel...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2648

I bought the one above and ordered my cluster. Hope it works! I'll let you guys know and share my experience.

vrod

Ready to race!
You might need to change your gateway if it’s an older version.

In my Mk7 I had 5G0 907 530 Q and always got a “Error: Range Calculation” message in the AID everytime I started the car. I swapped it out with a 3Q0 907 530 C today and that error is gone. :)

Storm19999

Passed Driver's Ed
Dimming

They do it's just the operator isn't doing it right, go to infortainment, car, settings, lights, down to instruments default is 100% reduce to 20% job done thats what I've set mine to daylight is controlled by dash when lights come on then it will dim.
I'm new to this forum but so far it's a lot of blame the car it's rubbish. There's millions of settings you need to spend an hour just playing with the (engine running keep that battery charged)

I have a genuine digital dash (2017 GTD 7.5) and it hardly dims at all at night.

bbusato

Has anyone found the part number for the silver (Golf) bezel yet?

Can you post a close-up picture of your analog cluster trim?

I found out the hard way that VW has changed the dash trim color on many of the MK7.5 Golf models that come with the digital cockpit. In my case, the pre-facelifted Alltracks all had "Dark Magnesium" trim (color code in the cluster's part number was CYC); the facelifted ones have a new color code (FQZ) and name (Polar Night). They are not a percect match but that's all there is to order. I might vinyl wrap all of my dash trim pieces so that they match.

These are the only part numbers I have to share. The last 3 letters are the color code:

Active Info. Display Bezel

5G0 857 189 B FQZ (Polar Night - Alltrack)

5G0 857 189 B AAH (Satin Black - GTI/R)

bbusato

You might need to change your gateway if it’s an older version.

In my Mk7 I had 5G0 907 530 Q and always got a “Error: Range Calculation” message in the AID everytime I started the car. I swapped it out with a 3Q0 907 530 C today and that error is gone. :)

Thanks, vrod. I'll check and see what version I have next time I have VCDS hooked up to my car. Mine is a 2017 so I'm hoping I have the newer (correct) gateway version already. I unplugged my gateway not too long ago when I was splicing a wire into the CAN gateway.. should have taken a picture while I was down there!

bbusato

This splitter is only needed if you have the Dynaudio package. If you don’t have this, you will need a normal fiber cable to connect the nav and cluster.

Ok so given that you HAVE dynaudio, here’s how you connect it:

1. Take the satnav including display out.
2. Take the cluster out.
2. From the female connector of the cable, you have one “short” part and one “long part” to a male connector.
3. Pull the longer part across the dash where the display sits, it should be long enough to reach the upper right corner of the cluster mounting place, which is also where the port is located on the cluster.
4. Leave the shorter part with the female connector lf the cable, as this will go into the radio.
5. Connect the splitter to the original cable. The short end to the back of the satnav and put that all back in again. You might have to fiddle a little with the optic cable.
6. Put the display back in place
7. Put new or old cluster in.

I'm still waiting on my optic splitter cable to arrive (and my cluster, too for that matter). I'm not sure I follow your instructions above but it might make more sense to me once I have the splitter cable here.

I did remove the touch screen and the MIB2 head unit out of the glove box, and I did see that there is an optic cable connected to the back of the head unit. I did not see any optic cable behind the touch screen though. I have left everything unplugged until all the missing parts arrive and then I'll give it another go.

If anyone else has advice for me on how to connect the optic cable to the digital cockpit and NAV, I'm very appreciative. If I understand things correctly, I only need to connect the new extension/splitter optic cable to the existing optic cable that used to be connected to the back of the MIB2 in the glove box, then connect one end of the extension/splitter cable to the head unit and run the other end of the splitter from the glove box all the way to the digital cluster. And if I do this, then I don't have to touch the amp, which I believe is under the passenger seat, at all. Let me know if I got this right or wrong.

H22hatch

Ready to race!
I got mine from a site called e-acca.com. I talked to Natalja for all my orders and she is truly amazing. Very resourceful and reliable. I've ordered a lot of parts through them and have been very pleased.

Thanks!! I ordered my 7.5 tails from her this time last year and your right she is a pleasure to work with. I did try looking the part number up on their website but I never get any results. Did you have to contact her with the part number directly to order?

bbusato

So I finally got my Active Info. Display (AID) installed in my Alltrack!

I ran the optical splitter cable from behind the MIB2 in the glovebox to the cluster and had it coded to the car (along with the keys) using ODIS at my local VW dealership. The optical cable was pretty easy to do, I just had to fish it through to the other side of the dash and plug it in to the new digital cluster:

Everything is working fine after coding with ODIS (gauges, speedo, lane assist, adaptive cruise), I've recoded module 17-Instruments, Byte 2, bits 3-6 so that the graphical representation of the vehicle matches that of my car (Golf Alltrack), the default was a regular Golf:

The only feature I cannot enable has been the navigation map in the AID. I've tried coding the cluster (17-Intruments) to MOST (byte 19, bit 5) but I get an error message "31" saying the values are out of range:

Module 5F Byte 22, Bit 0 seems to be set for CAN and not MOST (0=MOST, 1=via CAN). Bit 0 in mine is checked. Should I uncheck it?

I was able to enable MOST in module 5F:

Dashboard_Display_Configuratio-fastlist_most ---> set to On

..but it still does not load the map in the AID. I get the spinning wheel at first when selecting NAV then graphic reverts back to the compass.

Any help, tips, suggestions would be greatly appreciated! I don't have a Facebook account so I've never been able to view any of the posts related to this mod in the Alltrack's Owners Club. I've asked a family member but apparently one must also be a member of the club to be able to even view posts, so that didn't work either.