GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2018 Golf R Downpipe

Inigo

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf R
In searching for downpipe's, I've been struggling to find catted and resonated versions that are a confirmed fit on a 2018 facelift R. There are many to choose from 2015-2017 but not for 2018?

I'm seeking assistance in finding a DP that has been fitted to a 2018 R. Ideally, I'd like a catted and resonated DP.

Thanks for the support

Alex

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
Contact AWE and ask them.

Inigo

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf R
Update

Installed a CTS Catted DP. I have zero issues to report. The fitment was perfect.

NOTE: If using the Vibrant J O2 eliminator kit, you will have to shave 1/8 off the 02 side because the "J" is to large and will not let you turn into the dp without hitting the pipe.

Inigo

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf R
I'm running a DP too but it had to be modified from 2017. So it's NOT a direct fit.

The CTS Catted DP fit perfectly all the way back to the factory exhaust. The only factory parts not needed/extra aside from the factory cats/dp was the support plate for the factory DP that mounted to the block and attached to the CAT portion of the DP. The CTS Catted DP does not use this plate nor does it have provisions for it.

Rpt

Passed Driver's Ed
Oh I'm not doubting that the CTS is a direct fit, I was moreso replying to the question that was asking if anyone knew if it was the same part/fitment as 2017s.