GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What snow foam and lance to you use?

vw-ac

Passed Driver's Ed
Just wondering what everyone prefers...

I recently got into 'detailing' (read as obsessive cleaning) my car and bought some Pro-Kleen snow foam and lance. It was one of the best reviewed at a decent price on Amazon with prime delivery in the UK.

Seems great stuff, first few washes went well, I used roughly 1/3 snow foam to 2/3 warm water, it produced a nice thick foam that stuck well. On either the 3rd or 4th use, the lance suddenly just stopped working and started spraying water out of the nozzle and the little air hole near the bottle thread.
I arranged a replacement and they shipped me out what looked like a used lance, I think I've used this one twice, maybe 3 times now and it started spluttering, it foams well for a few seconds, then becomes almost only water, until I release and pressure washer handle for a moment and spray again.

Looks like it's time to find another lance and I'm open to trying some new snow foam too - so was wondering what you guys recommend?

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
I use the lance that came with the SunJoe SPX and for the cannon I use the Dusichin, both from amazon.com. I had to get a replacement Dusichin because after about 10 washes, the thing started leaking from the nozzle but the replacement has been fine so far. I'm probably going to get a 1.1mm orifice to see if I can get thicker foam from my cheap setup and maybe upgrade the poorly designed lance to a snub nose or something.

annoyingmouse

Same, my pressure washer came with one. I don't think it would be worth buying separately. Foam cannons make for great youtube detailing videos, but you don't really need one. A pre rinse with a pressure washer followed by a proper safe wash method words well for all but the most finicky paint.