GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Finally tuning the R

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
After researching them all I ended up with Unitronic. Won't be winning drag races against the others but it's a lot more conservative on components. Plus I can do everything from home. Good luck on your decision.

Well I wouldn’t necessarily say that, I’m a UM guy personally, but these Uni customers in particular are showing really good time slips for many versions of their tunes, stage 1/2, pump gas, mixes etc.

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41693

Like anything results will vary, but it seems the “hero” runs from all the big tuners are right in the same ballpark. With them being similar in times, trap, I don’t think they’re any more or less likely to break stuff, they may be less aggressive on boost but more aggressive on timing for example, to much of either can break stuff. All that being said it would seem you should expect good results, performance wise, from any of the bigger tuners staged setups, at this point. I personally like UM’s dsg tune over the rest as I think the canned ecu tunes are all pretty close performance wise.

penpal1

I just got my car tuned unitronic from stock straight to stage 2, power is very linear and smooth. The power up top is very different to the torquey apr tunes I had on my previous cars. Different companies different tuning philosophies.

Thurnis

Ready to race!
It's a super slippery slope :D

Picture of me after my stage 1 tune....