GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Where to buy G13 coolant

eaglekeeper

Passed Driver's Ed
I live 100 miles from VW dealership, coolant level is at minimum and local parts stores nearby can only get G40 which their books say is what I need. My manual says otherwise. Where do you guys find your G13?

SRoads

Ready to race!
Step 1. Go to Grocery Store...
Step 2. Buy DISTILLED WATER
Step 3. Add DISTILLED to MIN Line

Last edited:

hooville

Go Kart Newbie
Amazon has Pentosin or VW/Audi G13 at a great price and fast shipping if you are a Prime member. Dilute it 50% with Distilled Water and you're back on the road.

lucyfek

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI & GSW
rockauto is another option. I've just got a liter bottle of pentosin at rock bottom price (way below amazon).

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
I have bought it at Pepboys and Autozone I don't know if there's any car store near your house but they should have it no problem.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Reviving this thread because my car just yelled at me for low coolant. I bought some G40 from O'Reillys yesterday since they dont have G13. It was 25 bucks for a pre-mixed jug... So if https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=7668836 is the right thing, I may return that jug since I haven't opened it yet, and buy that instead. I only need a couple cups to bring it back above the minimum level

Last edited:

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Reviving this thread because my car just yelled at me for low coolant. I bought some G40 from O'Reillys yesterday since they dont have G13. It was 25 bucks for a pre-mixed jug... So if https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=7668836 is the right thing, I may return that jug since I haven't opened it yet, and buy that instead. I only need a couple cups to bring it back above the minimum level

The system will depressurize and fill up the reservoir when you remove the cap, so you're going to need to eyeball the fill, cap it back off, and crank it up to re-pressurize and check.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
The system will depressurize and fill up the reservoir when you remove the cap, so you're going to need to eyeball the fill, cap it back off, and crank it up to re-pressurize and check.

Right. It's been right on the low level line for a few months now but it finally dropped below the level so I just need to top off a little