GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Scratched my steering wheel :/

Abilli4

Today while waiting to get out of a dirt parking lot, I hit a rock/hole/something and my steering wheel slipped while I was moving. I instinctually grabbed the wheel, and my nail scratched the steering wheel. I've got a nasty scratch right where I put my palm to use the steering wheel controls.

I have a 2017 Wolfsburg Edition. Can someone tell me what kind of leather/leatherette wrapping the steering wheel has? The material is a lot softer than the seats and other leatherette materials. Also, any tips on how to repair the scratch the best I can/keep it from getting worse?

Thanks!

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
My guess is leather. Low quality leather. I also have scratches. I tried to find matching paint but was not successful.

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
I too have gotten scratches on the wheel from not being careful were my leatherman or flashlight are on my belt... best suggestion I can give you is installing a steering wheel wrap... I just did one and it was worth the time and effort

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie

Snitt

Ready to race!
Leatherique seems to get good reviews on auto detailing forums. I've never personally used it, but I'd probably give it a try when my steering wheel starts looking like crap.

parallax

Ready to race!
+1 for a wrap. It would drive me nuts every time I scratched or nicked the wheel. The leather/pleather quality on my Mk6 was miles better than the Mk7, as well as a bit thicker. The Xuji wrap fixed that.

Wheel is now protected and feels less anemic. Well worth the $43 shipped and four hour install time.

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
+1 for a wrap. It would drive me nuts every time I scratched or nicked the wheel. The leather/pleather quality on my Mk6 was miles better than the Mk7, as well as a bit thicker. The Xuji wrap fixed that.

Wheel is now protected and feels less anemic. Well worth the $43 shipped and four hour install time.

4 hours install? :eek: