GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

23W6 Field Measure/Recall

JHWP

Passed Driver's Ed
I logged onto erWin to download some documents and when I inputted my VIN it flagged an outstanding field measure for my MK7 GTD - 23W6. It is something lambda probe related. Does anyone know anything about this and if this recall includes a software update or is it a simple hardware swap out of the potentially faulty lambda probe(s?). If it includes any type of software update with the potential that it is any way connected to emissions/dieselgate then I shall be very wary indeed... I'd really prefer not to have my car de-tuned and less fuel efficient thank you very much VW. I see that 23W6 is mentioned elsewhere on this forum where another member was charged for it in error but no information on any software update. I did a bit of research on some German forums and some say it does not include any software update and some say it does. Ideally if anyone had access to the dealer info/TPI/TSB details on the work required that would be ideal. Any VW techs on here??

They say that EU6 engines are not affected by the diesel emissions issue but we've been lied to at least once before so I don't trust them...

The information I received is -

CON. NO.: 1
FIELD MEASURES: 23W6
START: 24.11.2017
DESIGNATION: S-Lambda probe EA288
CRITERION: 01

Thanks.

Mark315

Passed Driver's Ed
Booked in on Friday for this on my MK7....interested to hear

JHWP

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi there,

I replied to your for sale thread for your Milltek exhaust and also sent you a PM about it? Have you still got it for sale?

Booked in on Friday for this on my MK7....interested to hear

Can you quizz your dealer for information on the update and see if there is a software update included?

Mark315

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi there,

I replied to your for sale thread for your Milltek exhaust and also sent you a PM about it? Have you still got it for sale?

Can you quizz your dealer for information on the update and see if there is a software update included?

Just seen it there - exhuast is sold mate.

I'll see what I can find out about. EU6 cars are exempt from emissions recall so I wouldn't worry about it being down on power/fuel economy etc

JHWP

Passed Driver's Ed
Just seen it there - exhuast is sold mate.

OK, that's a pity on the exhaust - I would have taken that off you. You're only up the road from me too, well not too far away so could have collected it. I'm just outside Dublin, I see you are in Belfast.

I'll see what I can find out about. EU6 cars are exempt from emissions recall so I wouldn't worry about it being down on power/fuel economy etc

So they tell us but we've been lied to once...
That would be sweet if you could find out some info on it, thanks. I'm due into my local dealer later this week to pick up some parts so I'll try to find out what I can on my end and report back.

Mark315

Passed Driver's Ed
OK, that's a pity on the exhaust - I would have taken that off you. You're only up the road from me too, well not too far away so could have collected it. I'm just outside Dublin, I see you are in Belfast.

So they tell us but we've been lied to once...
That would be sweet if you could find out some info on it, thanks. I'm due into my local dealer later this week to pick up some parts so I'll try to find out what I can on my end and report back.

I'd recommend speaking to your local Miltek rep and see what price you can get it for. Sounds great on the GTD. This is it on my 7.5

bdelaney4000

Ready to race!
Lambda probes are just O2 sensors. If my memory serves me right I remember someone posting not too long ago about faulty O2 sensors.