GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

January GTI Incentives

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
Did anything change for the 2017's in March? Did the Southeast $500 bonus President's Day cash go away or did they extend? Not that there's many left, but (possible) end of VW quarter and incentives running out on 3/31 seams darn ideal time to buy.

What happens after March for the 2017's and no more incentives from VW? Will pricing skyrocket since nothing left from VW?

Edit/Update: $4500 Dealer Cash confirmed, no other incentive cash at this time.

I didn't really have much of a chance to check over the VW incentives all that thoroughly when they were released on Thursday, but I think it's still the same $4500 dealer cash as last month. I'll confirm it tomorrow and let you know.

At the end of March, VW will pay every dealer a lump sum for whatever remaining 2017 GTIs they have on the lot, probably the same $4500 per car they've been offering as dealer cash. From that point on, the prices can only go down, since dealers hate paying interest on the loans they use to purchase their inventory. Basically, from now until there are no more 2017s left, any further discounts are going to come from dealers putting their marketing allowances and volume bonuses into the deals to get rid of them, but that's not really going to be a significant discount.

Last edited: