GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OBDEleven Caution

Hotfart

Ready to race!
Anyone else having crazy issues trying to connect to your obdeleven? I haven't used mine since October, plugged it in yesterday loaded the app on my phone connected to the adapter now anytime I try to do anything it gets stuck on the loading screen on apps and modules. I was trying to get into brake adaptation to adjust the "starting vibration reduction" settings but it's a no go until I can figure out what the issue is. Obdeleven did push a firmware update to the device before I could do anything. Wonder if that has something to do with it.

Never had any issues with mine. Just checked again with today's OBD11 app update, and it's still good. The starting vibration reduction and some other stuff has been accessible for the last month or so, but there are still a few things without simple solutions. There might be workarounds for the stuff that still doesn't appear to work, but I just got lazy and rented a VCDS.

Jamie007

Ready to race!
I was just going to order an OBDELEVEN for my 2017 Sport, when I saw this. I just checked my build date, and it is 1/2017. Can anyone tell me if the updates have been made so it is fully functional for my build? I don't want to order if this is still an issue.

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
^^^^ for those with this problem - try clearing App cache on your tablet/mobile phone. This will force OBD11 to reload a fresh copy of your car's database

Don

Jamie007

Ready to race!
OBDEleven ROCKS!

Recieved a OBDEleven Pro from DAP over the weekend, only took 3 days! It works great on my 2017 GTI Sport (1/2017 build). So far I turned off the engine noise maker, my DRL's stay on with blinkers, 5 brake light, and 4 turn signal lights (not the urban joke). What an amazing tool, for a great price. One thing I wanted to do, is have the heated seats remember the last setting, but according to the app it says only for "Climatronic," which I don't have. Does anyone know if it's possible for the heated seats to remember the last setting without having "Climatronic?"

adam1991

Banned
Well, I have Climatronic and I *do* know it *does* remember the heated seat setting after turning that on with OBDEleven.

mk6-k

Ready to race!
Recieved a OBDEleven Pro from DAP over the weekend, only took 3 days! It works great on my 2017 GTI Sport (1/2017 build). So far I turned off the engine noise maker, my DRL's stay on with blinkers, 5 brake light, and 4 turn signal lights (not the urban joke). What an amazing tool, for a great price. One thing I wanted to do, is have the heated seats remember the last setting, but according to the app it says only for "Climatronic," which I don't have. Does anyone know if it's possible for the heated seats to remember the last setting without having "Climatronic?"

What steps did you use for the 4 turn signal lights (not the urban joke)?
Thanks, Chuck

LastDragon

Ready to race!

I have the heated seats memory function. I activated with my obdeleven for my 2017 gti se and it worked like a charm... weird.

mrd8cd

Ready to race!
What steps did you use for the 4 turn signal lights (not the urban joke)?
Thanks, Chuck

Hey Chuck, I just performed this yesterday! The steps are taken from the guy that posted this YouTube video seen here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFybn6hMtB8

So the inner lights work the same as the outer, brake light, running light, and signal light. If you just want the outer lights to blink, see the next set of codes.

Central Electronics 9
Left Inner Tail light functions as runner/brake/ signal.
8 leuchte23sl HLC10-Lichtfunktion C23
Brake Light

9 leuchte23 sl hlc10 - Lichtfunction D 23
Blinken Links Hellphase
10 leuchte23sl hcl10 - dimmwert CD 23

Allows Left Signal to "overpower" Running light and brake Light.
12 leuchte23sl hlc10-lichtfunktion e 23
Blinken Links Dunkelphase
14 leuchte23sl hcl10-dimmwert ef 23
15 leuchte23sl hlc10-dimming direction EF 23
Minimize

Right Inner Tail light functions as runner/brake/ signal
8 leuchte24sl HRA65-Lichtfunktion C24
Brake Light
9 leuchte24sl HRA65 - Lichtfunction D 24
Blinken Rechts Hellphase
10 leuchte24sl HRA65 - dimmwert CD 24

Allows Right Signal to "overpower" Running light and brake Light.
12 leuchte24sl HRA65-lichtfunktion e 24
Blinken Rechts Dunkelphase
14 leuchte24sl HRA65-dimmwert ef 24
15 leuchte24sl HRA65-dimming direction EF 24
Minimize

Left Signal completely goes out between blinks.
16 - leuchte20BR LA71-Lichtefunktion G 20
19 - leuchte20BR LA71-dimming Direction GH 20
Minimize

Right Signal completely goes out between blinks.
16 - leuchte21BR RC8-Lichtefunktion G 21
19 - leuchte21BR RC8-dimming Direction GH 21
Minimize

He missed one step when editing "right signal overpowers running light and brake light", but I added it for you. Enjoy!

mk6-k

Ready to race!
Hey Chuck, I just performed this yesterday! The steps are taken from the guy that posted this YouTube video seen here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFybn6hMtB8

So the inner lights work the same as the outer, brake light, running light, and signal light. If you just want the outer lights to blink, see the next set of codes.

Central Electronics 9
Left Inner Tail light functions as runner/brake/ signal.
8 leuchte23sl HLC10-Lichtfunktion C23
Brake Light

9 leuchte23 sl hlc10 - Lichtfunction D 23
Blinken Links Hellphase
10 leuchte23sl hcl10 - dimmwert CD 23

Allows Left Signal to "overpower" Running light and brake Light.
12 leuchte23sl hlc10-lichtfunktion e 23
14 leuchte23sl hcl10-dimmwert ef 23
15 leuchte23sl hlc10-dimming direction EF 23
Minimize

Right Inner Tail light functions as runner/brake/ signal
8 leuchte24sl HRA65-Lichtfunktion C24
Brake Light
9 leuchte24sl HRA65 - Lichtfunction D 24
Blinken Rechts Hellphase
10 leuchte24sl HRA65 - dimmwert CD 24

Allows Right Signal to "overpower" Running light and brake Light.
12 leuchte24sl HRA65-lichtfunktion e 24
14 leuchte24sl HRA65-dimmwert ef 24
15 leuchte24sl HRA65-dimming direction EF 24
Minimize

Left Signal completely goes out between blinks.
16 - leuchte20BR LA71-Lichtefunktion G 20
19 - leuchte20BR LA71-dimming Direction GH 20
Minimize

Right Signal completely goes out between blinks.
16 - leuchte21BR RC8-Lichtefunktion G 21
19 - leuchte21BR RC8-dimming Direction GH 21
Minimize

He missed one step when editing "right signal overpowers running light and brake light", but I added it for you. Enjoy!

Thanks so much, mrd8cd!

VentoGT

Ready to race!
06/17 Sportwagen build. Just coded my turn signals as separate and brake lights inner. Accepted codes, no difference. There is definitely something strange going on.

I'll add I just got a brand new Android phone and fresh install of OBDEleven today. Gauge sweep "app" worked, then tried brake lights/5 Brake Lights and separating the turn signals from outer brake lights and neither took despite accepting the coding.

Last edited:

Jamie007

Ready to race!
06/17 Sportwagen build. Just coded my turn signals as separate and brake lights inner. Accepted codes, no difference. There is definitely something strange going on.

What he has above looks like the same coding that got me 4 turn signals. I got my coding from here:

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25854

NOTE, If I remember correctly there was one mistake, it called out the right side (in german), where it should have been left, or vice versa.

heiney9

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport DSG
Just got OBD11 over the weekend. Haven't had time to mess with it. My Sport is build date 4/17, hopefully no issues.

Jamie007

Ready to race!
I have the heated seats memory function. I activated with my obdeleven for my 2017 gti se and it worked like a charm... weird.

I'm guessing your SE has Climatronic? The Sport does not. Would be nice if it worked, but I don't want to take a chance and try it if it could screw something up. If there is a way to long code it, that would be cool, I don't care about using the app.

VentoGT

Ready to race!
What he has above looks like the same coding that got me 4 turn signals. I got my coding from here:

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25854

NOTE, If I remember correctly there was one mistake, it called out the right side (in german), where it should have been left, or vice versa.

This is what I used for my turn signal as only turn signal coding per the obdeleven proboards from Don:

Leuchte18BLK HLA60
Lichtfunktion A 18 Blinken links Hellphase
Lichtfunktion B 18 not active
Dimmwert AB 18 100
Lichtansteuerung HD AB 18 Always
Lichtfunktion C 18 > not active
Lichtfunktion D 18 > not active
Dimmwert CD 18 > 0
Dimming Direction CD 18 > maximize
Lichtfunktion E 18 > not active
Lichtfunktion F 18 > not active
Dimmwert EF 18 > 0
Dimming Direction EF 18 > maximize
Lichtfunktion G 18 > not active
Lichtfunktion H 18 > not active
Dimmwert GH 18 > 0
Dimming Direction GH 18 > maximize

Leuchte19BLK HRC31
Lichtfunktion A 19 > Blinken rechts Hellphase
Lichtfunktion B 19 > not active
Dimmwert AB 19 > 100
Lichtansteuerung HD AB 19 > Always
Lichtfunktion C 19 > not active
Lichtfunktion D 19 not active
Dimmwert CD 19 > 0
Dimming Direction CD 19 > maximize
Lichtfunktion E 19 > not active
Lichtfunktion F 19 > not active
Dimmwert EF 19 > 0
Dimming Direction EF 19 > maximize
Lichtfunktion G 19 > not active
Lichtfunktion H 19 > not active
Dimmwert GH 19 > 0
Dimming Direction GH 19 > maximize

Did not work even though coding triple checked and accepted in the app.