GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Help with Navigation 2014 TDI GT

avim28

Hi folks, hoping someone can help. I today picked up my car and after leaving the dealership i bought it from realised that there is no SD card for the navigation for maps. I fully intend to speak with the dealer tomorrow once open, but i have the feeling they will encourage me to part ways with more money than i'd like. What are my options here? Can i download maps onto an SD card and install them myself? I have added a pic of the unit but dont know the model number etc.

avim28

I managed to get hold of the card from the dealer :) It still has 2014 maps on it however, can anyone help with what i need to update the maps? Thanks in advance.

avim28

Thank you for the help.. I have had a few issues with trying to update the maps. I firstly downloaded the Discover Pro maps and found that this was too big (24GB) for the SD card (8GB) I then tried the Discover Media download and now the card is not recognised in the car. I did have to reformat the card and set this to exfat formatting. Any ideas what i am doing wrong?