GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2018 Warranty

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
Yes its all a hoax Adam, They stole my money, and i'm a dipshit that can't read cos they're just going to deny all claims when push comes to shove and get away with it..and VW just wants our money with no repeat custom and are happy to be a bunch of scammers. OK Adam, time for bed now. These keyboard warriors do make me laugh sometimes... I'm not even going to entertain his pew pew pew wannabe lawyer antics. This VW extended warranty regardless of who's underwritten it will cover my car should the need arise, and that's all you need to worry about.

As some one who actually works in the industry and see's extended warranties not cover items and claims be denied for silly reasons, I would never get one. Even at the dealership they all joke about tricking people into them. It's the same as many electronic device protection plans. Some companies are good and some aren't. I have no experience with newer VW extended warranties. But there are multiple threads on multiple sites that show the VW warranties have nothing to do with VW. Pretty sure there is one on here a few pages back.

Just a heads up mate but the pot is calling the kettle black here.

adam1991

Banned
Call the phone number on the contract. You'll get a recording that states you reached Drive Easy. Keep listening and you'll hear VW, Audi, Ducati. Ask the rep who answers if they are Fidelity. They at the least administer the agreement.

The administrator of the protection plan is not Fidelity. I didn't keep a copy after my F&I guy printed one out for me to read, but it was someone else. Starts with an S, I think.

The third party is the explicitly stated administrator, and is the final call on repair bills. All bills are to be sent to the administrator.

The third party administrator also has final call on what parts to use--which includes aftermarket, non-VW parts.

The Drive Easy contract was REMARKABLY similar to the Fidelity contract, frankly.

Loonster

Ready to race!
Link: https://www.vw.com/content/dam/vwcom/PDFs/vehicle_service_contract_plan.pdf

Exclusions even with Platinum plan: Brake linings, brake drums and rotors, disc brake pads, standard transmission clutch components, air bags, solar powered devices, hinges, glass, lenses, sealed beams, body parts and/or panels, trim, moldings, door handles, lock cylinders, tires, wheels, batteries, light bulbs, upholstery, paint, bright metal, freeze plugs, heater and radiator hoses, exhaust system, shock absorbers, audio, security or other systems not factory installed, work such as front-end alignment or wheel balancing, constant velocity joint boots, safety restraint systems, cellular phones, radar detectors, appliances, vinyl and convertible tops.

Wow! Maybe it would be easier mentioning what they ACTUALY COVER. By the looks of it, not much.

adam1991

Banned
What facts ???????? You haven’t given a single one yet. Adam doesn’t know what he’s talking about. By his rationale you better not buy any insurance on anything. Ever! Cos every insurance is a con cos it has terms and conditions

Perhaps Adam could enlighten us on his inside knowledge as to why they won’t pay other than stipulation.

Keyboard warrior who says buyer beware but unable to give any evidence as to what to be weary of.

wow.

So scan and post this protection plan you bought. You can black out your personal details and prices; just leave alone the actual contract terms.

THOSE are the facts. I'm simply reciting what I read. You have chosen to ignore those facts; that's your right.

Let the buyer, and the reader, beware. VW Drive Easy is not a VW product and has NOTHING to do with the VW factory new car warranty or CPO warranty.

Clearly it has done its job, giving the warm fuzzies to people who really want to believe.

TheDoc46

Ready to race!
As some one who actually works in the industry and see's extended warranties not cover items and claims be denied for silly reasons, I would never get one. Even at the dealership they all joke about tricking people into them. It's the same as many electronic device protection plans. Some companies are good and some aren't. I have no experience with newer VW extended warranties. But there are multiple threads on multiple sites that show the VW warranties have nothing to do with VW. Pretty sure there is one on here a few pages back.

Just a heads up mate but the pot is calling the kettle black here.

I'm sure there is, for people that didn't purchase the platinum and then cry about it afterwards. Look the exclusions are all listed here its only wear and tear items such as brake pads or non factory audio. Everything else covered. Do you really think VW would list some back street insurance company, and create a new scandal ?

Anyway anything listed on the exclusions i'm quite happy taking care of myself, its when the transmission or a critical engine component that requires a rebuild, is when i'm out of my depth and that is the coverage im after and is what is covered. Its all there in black and white, on vw.com in the link above.. So buyer don't beware.

This argument is getting a little tiresome.. its not sold by Dave's Auto's down some back street. It pretty much covers you for everything, FACT as per the pdf, to say well they wont pay out without any evidence is just hear say, and any insurance be it, health, life auto, and god knows what else, there's always an element of risk. ok happy ?

adam1991

Banned
Its all there in black and white, on vw.com in the link above.. So buyer don't beware.

You do realize that the contract you signed said that whatever was represented to you in a sales discussion (including the sell sheets or the web site) is superseded by the contract itself, the written contract that you signed.

You may point to the web site all you want.

Why don't you post the contract here for all to see?

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
I'm sure there is, for people that didn't purchase the platinum and then cry about it afterwards. Look the exclusions are all listed here its only wear and tear items such as brake pads or non factory audio. Everything else covered. Do you really think VW would list some back street insurance company, and create a new scandal ?

Anyway anything listed on the exclusions i'm quite happy taking care of myself, its when the transmission or a critical engine component that requires a rebuild, is when i'm out of my depth and that is the coverage im after and is what is covered. Its all there in black and white, on vw.com in the link above.. So buyer don't beware.

This argument is getting a little tiresome.. its not sold by Dave's Auto's down some back street. It pretty much covers you for everything, FACT as per the pdf, to say well they wont pay out without any evidence is just hear say, and any insurance be it, health, life auto, and god knows what else, there's always an element of risk. ok happy ?

Ignorance is bliss. I don't know many people who have no experience with anything that would tell an expert he's wrong, but hey I'm not judging anyone. People never listen to me, I'm used to it. I make a living off of what you like to dabble in, but I'm always in the wrong. Makes sense.

Also that plan is covered by Fidelity, so they are the ones making the call, not VW. Tell me again how this is a VW extended warranty if the company covering the plan is not VWoA? That being said Fidelity is a pretty good company.

Heres the fine print from your PDF which invalidates everything you have said: This information is intended to provide only an outline of the types of coverages, exclusions and limitations of the service contracts described in this brochure and should not be relied upon when purchasing a specific service contract. For exact coverages, exclusions and limitations, please review the service contract itself.
Volkswagen Drive Easy Program products are administered by Fidelity Warranty Services, Inc. Florida
License #60026. 500 Jim Moran Boulevard, Deerfield Beach, FL 33442.

Not only am I an automotive tech, but I have a degree in law (note different from a law degree / passing the BAR), woooo go me I'm smart! Although everyone tells me I'm not.

Last edited:

VentoGT

Ready to race!

It's not SOLD by Dave's Auto, it's sold by your LOCAL VW DEALER but your next door VW Dealer may not honor it and it certainly is not a VW backed warranty. You are beginning to sound like a shill for whatever warranty co underwrites the contract at this point. The main theme here is to make sure searchers know that there is not some "magic bullet" especially considering the title of the thread "2018 Warranty".

Think and take what you will on the positives and negatives of a third party warranty. Nobody is saying anything other than THIS IS NOT A VOLKSWAGEN USA WARRANTY THAT ACTS AS AN EXTENSION OF THE EXISTING FACTORY WARRANTY.

This is important to specify as there have been several threads on this and other boards about dealerships making inaccurate statements to get unwitting people into new 2017 cars and upselling third party warranties by representing them as "an extension to match the new VW Warranty, same terms same everything"

Last edited:

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
It's not SOLD by Dave's Auto, it's sold by your LOCAL VW DEALER but your next door VW Dealer may not honor it and it certainly is not a VW backed warranty. You are beginning to sound like a shill for Fidelity at this point. The main theme here is to make sure searchers know that there is not some "magic bullet" especially considering the title of the thread "2018 Warranty".

Think and take what you will on the positives and negatives of a third party warranty. Nobody is saying anything other than THIS IS NOT A VOLKSWAGEN USA WARRANTY THAT ACTS AS AN EXTENSION OF THE EXISTING FACTORY WARRANTY.

This is important to specify as there have been several threads on this and other boards about dealerships making inaccurate statements to get unwitting people into new 2017 cars and upsell third party warranties by representing them as "an extension to match the new VW Warranty, same terms same everything"

K.O by Common Sense!

adam1991

Banned
This plan?

https://www.vw.com/content/dam/vwcom/PDFs/vehicle_service_contract_plan.pdf

That's an old bit. OLD. In fact, that PDF was created May 6, 2010 and last updated May 5, 2011. It's not at all current.

The current Drive Easy is NOT administered by Fidelity. It's administered by someone else. I read the contract before I declined it. This was AFTER the dealer tried to sell me a Fidelity contract and was hiding the fact that they weren't even trying to sell me something with a VW label on it.

Here's VW's current landing page for this stuff:

http://www.vw.com/financial-services/vehicle-protection/

Notice that they talk about "vehicle service protection", not "warranty". Anyway, hit the "learn more" link and it will expand to where you can hit the "download brochure" link for the current brochure.

The first wide page of the PDF talks about "vehicle protection," not warranty, and has some footnotes. I particularly like number 3: "Additional exclusions may apply. Please consult your Customer Agreement for specific coverage details, including limitations and exclusions." In other words, whatever this brochure says is meaningless.

Oh, and look at footnote 8: "$100 disappearing deductible will be waived if repairs are made at the selling dealership." Pardon me? So under THIS protection plan, the dealership who sold the plan gets preferred treatment over the VW dealership across town??? Tell me again how this is a VW product.

Of course, it's not--but we all (with one exception) knew this.

Footnote 4 says that "OEM-approved parts" can be used. Um...does VW approve ANY part that is not a VW part? I'm sure the contract has something to say about that. It does; I read it. It allows for "...or like parts". Since VW doesn't approve non-VW parts, the brochure bit is meaningless. Only the contract counts. "...or like parts". This is Magnuson-Moss at work--as long as the non-VW part meets the specifications, then it's OK, right?

But remember, your going to the dealer across town doesn't get you at least some benefits that using the "selling dealer" gets you.

Etc, etc. But hey, reading is for nerds! Details--for nerds! Morons! Right?

Last edited:

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
This plan?

https://www.vw.com/content/dam/vwcom/PDFs/vehicle_service_contract_plan.pdf

That's an old bit. OLD. In fact, that PDF was created May 6, 2010 and last updated May 5, 2011. It's not at all current.

The current Drive Easy is NOT administered by Fidelity. It's administered by someone else. I read the contract before I declined it. This was AFTER the dealer tried to sell me a Fidelity contract and was hiding the fact that they weren't even trying to sell me something with a VW label on it.

Ah whatever plan he linked was the one by Fidelity, so probably that old one.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
To many a people, all it matters is this: its sold by VW dealer and sales guy told them that its similar to that of VWs warranty.

Whatever discussed here is of no use because they know everything! God bless them.

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
To many a people, all it matters is this: its sold by VW dealer and sales guy told them that its similar to that of VWs warranty.

Whatever discussed here is of no use because they know everything! God bless them.

America, Fuck YEAH! (insert rest of Team America theme song).

TheDoc46

Ready to race!
ok since you lot continue to rattle on and on. its VWFS Protection services of FL. or VWFS protection services for the rest of the US. Address 2200 ferdinand porsche drive Does that address ring any bells to any of you lot Lawyer wannabes ?

All the details are here in this pdf.

more importantly it states 4 Any necessary replacement parts will be replaced
using original equipment manufacturer (OEM) or OEMapproved
parts.

Protection, personalized for you
Your participating Dealer will guide you through
our three available Vehicle Service Protection
plans2
to help you determine which level best
suits your vehicle and personal needs:
Powertrain coverage includes your vehicle’s
engine, transmission, transaxle or transfer