GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

COBB Log Comparison Thread

Venumous

Ready to race!
Welcome Jon. I messaged you the other day with regard to how your tuning strategy compared to Justin's with Freektune and it seems that they are a bit different. My stage 2 tune with Freektune targets 23ish psi and tapers to 16-17 at redline with about 7.5 degrees of timing. I would be interested in an E30 and a 93 tune. Do you provide both for $150?

5150 Racing

Ready to race!
Welcome Jon. I messaged you the other day with regard to how your tuning strategy compared to Justin's with Freektune and it seems that they are a bit different. My stage 2 tune with Freektune targets 23ish psi and tapers to 16-17 at redline with about 7.5 degrees of timing. I would be interested in an E30 and a 93 tune. Do you provide both for $150?

There will be different pricing for Etunes Vs Maps soon
My Etunes are extremely detailed and take more time than a dyno tune
and will be priced similarly. The base maps will be close but not as detailed as a full etune.

but well worth it

geebob

Ready to race!

I haven't figured it out yet, but using both virtual dyno, and my butt in one case, I can point to differences in Freek maps that show the same torque requests and boost. On my current revE, it's obviously stronger but logs show the same boost and no timing to draw your attention.

Haven't done the official logs yet, so that may change, but he's doing something that doesn't necessarily show up, which has me confused, especially on this map which is so obviously stronger than previous ones.

dlau9

Go Kart Champion
I haven't figured it out yet, but using both virtual dyno, and my butt in one case, I can point to differences in Freek maps that show the same torque requests and boost. On my current revE, it's obviously stronger but logs show the same boost and no timing to draw your attention.

Haven't done the official logs yet, so that may change, but he's doing something that doesn't necessarily show up, which has me confused, especially on this map which is so obviously stronger than previous ones.

I felt the same way going from B to C. He's a wizard.

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
There will be different pricing for Etunes Vs Maps soon
My Etunes are extremely detailed and take more time than a dyno tune
and will be priced similarly. The base maps will be close but not as detailed as a full etune.

but well worth it
So I'm currently working with Jon at 5150 on some Etunes and I will say, it feels crazy strong compared to Cobb ots3 and map2.

I have no doubt that when jon and 5150 release their OTS tune and take on more people with their Etunes they will win many customers for life.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Hexxum001

Ready to race!
So I'm currently working with Jon at 5150 on some Etunes and I will say, it feels crazy strong compared to Cobb ots3 and map2.

I have no doubt that when jon and 5150 release their OTS tune and take on more people with their Etunes they will win many customers for life.

Agreed. And he is a very hard working guy. He'll make sure that your tune is done right. 5150 Racing closes at 6pm. He let me come in after hours at 7pm and I left his shop at 10pm. As I was leaving, another car was going on the dyno for tuning. I have no doubt that he will be an asset to the MK7 community.

Deviation01

Go Kart Champion
Agreed. And he is a very hard working guy. He'll make sure that your tune is done right. 5150 Racing closes at 6pm. He let me come in after hours at 7pm and I left his shop at 10pm. As I was leaving, another car was going on the dyno for tuning. I have no doubt that he will be an asset to the MK7 community.

He is a hard worker, I can tell already!

I second that!

Venumous

Ready to race!
Justin must be taking on too many people. I haven't gotten a revision in a full week.

iNeedMorePSI

Ready to race!

He is a hard worker, I can tell already!

I second that!

That is good to hear from you 5150 tune guys can thank me for doing the leg work with Jon. LOL ;) Any and probably almost all kinks were worked out weeks ago. Long 2am nights over 50 pulls. The E30 map is kinda done, the E45 map I'm currently working on with him is fine but not much of power difference with IS20, just flatter more upper rpm flat power. I will be installing a Hybrid IS38 soon and dialing that in so he will have more data for someone that was to go that route as well.

I've been busy work and Jon sessions so that's why I've been pretty much non existent on the forums lately.

Last edited:

Deviation01

Go Kart Champion
That is good to hear from you 5150 tune guys can thank me for doing the leg work with Jon. LOL ;) Any and probably almost all kinks were worked out weeks ago. Long 2am nights over 50 pulls. The E30 map is kinda done, the E45 map I'm currently working on with him is fine but not much of power difference with IS20, just flatter more upper rpm flat power. I will be installing a Hybrid IS38 soon and dialing that in so he will have more data for someone that was to go that route as well.

I've been busy work and Jon sessions so that's why I've been pretty much non existent on the forums lately.

Thank you sir!