GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

..WHAT SUCKS ABOUT THE MK7 SCENE..

armedferret

Ready to race!
TBH other than the pic a few posts up, I have not seen any "stanced" 7s here at all ... everyone is slammed on springs here

I'll be honest, I kinda dig the VWR spring setup. Anything lower looks (and I'm going to go out on a limb with lots of experience riding in friends' Hondurs equipped thusly) and most likely rides like absolute donkey turds.

But I'll make an exception for VWR springs.

jmal2005

Ready to race!
Iono, from what I've seen is everyone complains that the thing that literally compresses air, throws in recycled dinosaurs, blows them the fuck up, then soots up the back bumper, can make a loud noise sometimes makes me wonder why they didn't buy a Leaf or Prius.

Wheel bolts.

Fucking, really...really...expensive exhaust shit...

Like a mandrel piece of 3" stainless steel, with a flange on one end and a v-band on the other end, and a hanger, should NOT be north of 300 bucks. 500-600 bucks with the cat of all cats in it. I don't give nine shits how many times it says APR on it. It still a piece of fucking pipe. It doesn't need to be cast either. It needs to be 304 stainless, v-band, hanger, flange that fits the stock cat back. Almost a thousand damn dollars for a fucking downpipe...OH OH OH...but you get stage 2 for "free"

>:|

Also you'd think a simple muffler delete for those who just want more noise would be easy to find. Fuck no it's not.

And I'm not cheap:

THIS manifold was a grand or a smidge more actually. What you can't see is the nice merge collector spike. Held my GT2871R on my Cobalt real nice.

Now how the eff can companies sell me a piece of pipe, that is only ONE piece of pipe, almost in the same realm for a downpipe!

Don't even get me started on the price of carbon fiber intakes...so...most people don't know that carbon fiber has a shelf life and deteriorates if exposed to UV light(aka the sun). Why would you want ANYTHING you plan on having for more than iono, 5 years, carbon fiber? I get that you can like the look, just don't act all surprised that your tube of Aramid fiber decided to come apart after the glue that basically holds it together started to fail because it's in all tempartures and probably subjected to getting fun shit like calcium chloride on it(what they use to pre-treat the roads with before it snows) and there's another 500 bucks gone.

I guess what I don't get, is, why can't companies offer the flashy shit and the "who fucking cares what it looks like, it's under my car, as long as it doesn't rattle and rust" shit too? It's a piece of pipe!

Also clutch chatter is not that loud. People should practice saying they want to keep their dual mass flywheels because it will keep you from pwning your FWD trans. Again, source:

Way too much torque, no-lift shifting(hey it was an advertised feature on the Cobalt SS), a 6 puck exedy hypersingle, and sticky tires:

+

+

=

And why the fuck can't you get a single mass flywheel that's like less than 15 lbs?

Are these like, tractor engines or something?

This rant on the downpipe prices gets so much YES from me. Hahaha like really do tell me how your $1200 downpipe is THAT much better than all of the others. I could probably pay an engineer to handcraft me one out of aerospace grade metals for that cost.

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
Iono, from what I've seen is everyone complains that the thing that literally compresses air, throws in recycled dinosaurs, blows them the fuck up, then soots up the back bumper, can make a loud noise sometimes makes me wonder why they didn't buy a Leaf or Prius.

Wheel bolts.

Fucking, really...really...expensive exhaust shit...

Like a mandrel piece of 3" stainless steel, with a flange on one end and a v-band on the other end, and a hanger, should NOT be north of 300 bucks. 500-600 bucks with the cat of all cats in it. I don't give nine shits how many times it says APR on it. It still a piece of fucking pipe. It doesn't need to be cast either. It needs to be 304 stainless, v-band, hanger, flange that fits the stock cat back. Almost a thousand damn dollars for a fucking downpipe...OH OH OH...but you get stage 2 for "free"

>:|

Also you'd think a simple muffler delete for those who just want more noise would be easy to find. Fuck no it's not.

And I'm not cheap:

THIS manifold was a grand or a smidge more actually. What you can't see is the nice merge collector spike. Held my GT2871R on my Cobalt real nice.

Now how the eff can companies sell me a piece of pipe, that is only ONE piece of pipe, almost in the same realm for a downpipe!

Don't even get me started on the price of carbon fiber intakes...so...most people don't know that carbon fiber has a shelf life and deteriorates if exposed to UV light(aka the sun). Why would you want ANYTHING you plan on having for more than iono, 5 years, carbon fiber? I get that you can like the look, just don't act all surprised that your tube of Aramid fiber decided to come apart after the glue that basically holds it together started to fail because it's in all tempartures and probably subjected to getting fun shit like calcium chloride on it(what they use to pre-treat the roads with before it snows) and there's another 500 bucks gone.

I guess what I don't get, is, why can't companies offer the flashy shit and the "who fucking cares what it looks like, it's under my car, as long as it doesn't rattle and rust" shit too? It's a piece of pipe!

Also clutch chatter is not that loud. People should practice saying they want to keep their dual mass flywheels because it will keep you from pwning your FWD trans. Again, source:

Way too much torque, no-lift shifting(hey it was an advertised feature on the Cobalt SS), a 6 puck exedy hypersingle, and sticky tires:

+

+

=

And why the fuck can't you get a single mass flywheel that's like less than 15 lbs?

Are these like, tractor engines or something?

Now, tell us how you really feel?

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
I will say the search function frequently yeilds no results even when I search the most common topics... idk

crgirl3388

Passed Driver's Ed
I will say the search function frequently yeilds no results even when I search the most common topics... idk
Agreed...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
If you google "(insert topic here) mk7 forum" it'll find anything.

The search function here is kinda shitty, but if you do an advanced search it's ok

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Realising that those quickly written DIY guides, people actually pay attention to...

So you end up spending fecking weeks re-writing them & re-doing the pics to make them look way better.......

Oh & people who keep asking about something which is in the Guide that you have referred them to...read the fecking guide...I'm NOT typing out the flipping answer AGAIN, as all the info is IN the guide....learn to read & understand....FFS!!

NinjaTune

Passed Driver's Ed
I'll be honest, I kinda dig the VWR spring setup. Anything lower looks (and I'm going to go out on a limb with lots of experience riding in friends' Hondurs equipped thusly) and most likely rides like absolute donkey turds.

But I'll make an exception for VWR springs.
I have VWR springs on my tsi. Puts the car where it should be at stock. I'm bothered by the fact that the lowest quote I got to install them (installed them myself) was $600 CAD. That or I was told "sorry we don't work on VW's."

Nothing, but the hooker in your passenger seat is cheap in the mk7 scene.

Last edited: