GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fun car to GTD

hooch

Hi guys,

New to the forum, its a great resource you have here, based in Ireland.

Anyway i've done a deal on a 2015 GTD and was wondering if anyone has come to the GTD from something fun and petrol. I am currently driving a Fiesta ST which I have since new in 2016 but i am doing 30k a year so I have to put my sensible hat on for a while hence the change to the GTD.

i'd have loved a GTi but I don't think it was feasible this time with my mileage. I've a stage 1 map on the ST so it's pretty quick but after driving the GTD it really didn't feel much slower, obviously the Golf is a much better built car.

90% of the time the car will be a commuter and will be used on longer spins at the weekend on the motorway, the ST was starting to wear on me on these longer trips, no cruise was especially annoying.

Anyway looking forward to picking up the GTD next week and just hoping i don't regret the decision!

Storm19999

Passed Driver's Ed
I sold a mk2 green 375bhp focus rs for a gtd and I put a superchips remap on
The gtd really nice dsg also �� I do have a 400bhp r32 mk4 also tho. So both fun the gtd
Has been to Nurinburg and done laps and trackfays
I’ve also put rs8 brakes on the gtd wavy discs all round. Great car

jonny2slow4u

Passed Driver's Ed
with the gtd u don.t feel the speed like a Fiesta this is why the gtd give less driving pleasure

Inviato dal mio SM-A510F utilizzando Tapatalk

Mickyp1989

Hi guys,

New to the forum, its a great resource you have here, based in Ireland.

Anyway i've done a deal on a 2015 GTD and was wondering if anyone has come to the GTD from something fun and petrol. I am currently driving a Fiesta ST which I have since new in 2016 but i am doing 30k a year so I have to put my sensible hat on for a while hence the change to the GTD.

i'd have loved a GTi but I don't think it was feasible this time with my mileage. I've a stage 1 map on the ST so it's pretty quick but after driving the GTD it really didn't feel much slower, obviously the Golf is a much better built car.

90% of the time the car will be a commuter and will be used on longer spins at the weekend on the motorway, the ST was starting to wear on me on these longer trips, no cruise was especially annoying.

Anyway looking forward to picking up the GTD next week and just hoping i don't regret the decision!

i went from a dsg scirocco r to my golf GTD. after a remap it doesnt feel much slower than the scirocco to me, and as a all rounder it is better in nearly every way.