GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ECS Pendulum Mount Thoughts?

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
Did you remove the sub-frame to install it, or did you cut out the old mount as per the instructions? Also, any other input on how the install went?

Subframe removal not required, just cut out the old mount. Installation is 'somewhat' of a pain because of that, so I let the shop do it. They told me it wasn't "too bad." So that's all I've got for you on that. :)

BravoMike

Go Kart Champion
Subframe removal not required, just cut out the old mount. Installation is 'somewhat' of a pain because of that, so I let the shop do it. They told me it wasn't "too bad." So that's all I've got for you on that. :)

That helps, thanks!

B95zP

Ready to race!
Was curious about the ECS kit myself, atm I have been debating the VWR version.

mk7wolfr

Was curious about the ECS kit myself, atm I have been debating the VWR version.

If your car is a daily driver then I wouldn't recommend the VWR version. It's the best at doing the job but is purely track focussed.
I had it for a week & then took it off as the NVH around town was driving me crazy.
Now running the ECS dogbone & ECS Insert. Minimal increase in vibrations at low rpm. It's only noticeable between 1500 - 2500rpm but bearable.

haya

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks for all the input but the sound of cutting out pieces makes me worry. Do all these kits require cutting?

Yeah it looks nice. You'd have to get a different insert if you have a version 2 car. That's if you want to run a insert

i had an issue with the wrong subframe insert. I have both the dogbone and insert, but went with a 034 motorsports because the one ecs has only fits one version of the car, and their idea of helping with the issue is "keep messing with it" which doesnt work if te holes do not line up and its just the wrong insert

jvjump1

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm happy with ecs. Helps with tires slipping on 1 to 2 shifts and feels crisper on shifts no vibration issues. Dsg car. Also did front diff mount at same time.

Vargasturbotech

Ready to race!
Bumping an old thread, can anyone else report on NVH with the ECS piece and the 034 insert?
I have both installed, NVH was increased, BUT I can't be partial because I did EVERYTHING at once, both motor mounts, dogbone insert, and ECS pendulum mount. I can say after 2000+ miles with them on. I cannot notice it any longer car feels stock. So it does mellow out, but the first drive, it's a pretty noticeable difference.

TDI Matt

Ready to race!
I have both installed, NVH was increased, BUT I can't be partial because I did EVERYTHING at once, both motor mounts, dogbone insert, and ECS pendulum mount. I can say after 2000+ miles with them on. I cannot notice it any longer car feels stock. So it does mellow out, but the first drive, it's a pretty noticeable difference.

Oh cool thanks. With mounts and dog bone insert idk if it’s worth almost another $200. If I had a turbo like yours I’m sure I would need it.

Nappy216

Ready to race!
How hard would it be to go back to stock?

From what I gather the stock mount has to be cut out.
Wondering if a DYI'er would be able to install a new stock mount or would you need some kind of press tool?