GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Factory Defect Roof Panel?

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
Dang it!!!!! They only half fixed the issue. There's more tension on the sunroof cover now, but it STILL slides back a little given enough time and acceleration. Wtf!

SM075180

Ready to race!
Dang it!!!!! They only half fixed the issue. There's more tension on the sunroof cover now, but it STILL slides back a little given enough time and acceleration. Wtf!

EFFFF! Dude I'm sorry for you. Hope mine works out well. I've had a few good staring sessions at the components myself. When I get mine back and it's (hopefully) fixed I'll take a look and see if I can figure out what changed.

We're definitely not the only two with the shade issue.

No end in sight for me yet though. Dealer called today to tell me a window service will hopefully be able to go to the body shop within 24 hours to put in a new windshield so they can actually fix the roof bowing. I swear nothings been done to the car in like 6 days...

And now on day 100 of my ownership the dealer has had my car for more than 13% of the time. :(

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
That sucks bro :( I know a guy who bought a KTM RC390 And the dealer has had it for about half the time he has owned it.. total motor failure and still no buyback.

They replaced the rail things and some clips I think. I have the part numbers if posting that up helps anything. I'm not sure what else they can do to fix it. Dealer at least told me to bring it right back if it wasn't fixed 100%. I want to drive MY Golf though ... especially since I NEED the window tint for work, blah

Sounds like your issue is way worse

SM075180

Ready to race!
That sucks bro :( I know a guy who bought a KTM RC390 And the dealer has had it for about half the time he has owned it.. total motor failure and still no buyback.

They replaced the rail things and some clips I think. I have the part numbers if posting that up helps anything. I'm not sure what else they can do to fix it. Dealer at least told me to bring it right back if it wasn't fixed 100%. I want to drive MY Golf though ... especially since I NEED the window tint for work, blah

Sounds like your issue is way worse

I honestly was about to just take a some small magnets, and equal sized drill and some epoxy and make up my own way to hold it shut haha but since it's spending all its time I figure I might as well let them try again.

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
I honestly was about to just take a some small magnets, and equal sized drill and some epoxy and make up my own way to hold it shut haha but since it's spending all its time I figure I might as well let them try again.

Lol same. Instead of having them tear my car apart ...

SM075180

Ready to race!
UPDATE: VWoA IS REPLACING MY VEHICLE UNDER LEMON LAWS IN CALIFORNIA DUE TO THESE ISSUES.

Vehicle was repaired at dealer but I could not settle my uncertainty that I won't have more issues in the future.

Please reach out to me if you have questions about circumstances and how VW and I came to these resolutions. I'm more than happy to help as best I can. I've got plenty of photos to share details in the future if users past, present and future ever need!

markfhp

I'm now part of your nightmare:
There was some bowing on the driver's side, and it's under warranty (2017 SE).
I took it in, and they sent it to a body shop that had to chip off the old panel in pieces (I know, because I found a chunk under one of the seats!), remove the windshield, and install a new one.
A week later on the highway, the entire front of the roof panel lifted up (thank God for Dollar General and duct tape).
It's going back to the body shop today, and I am not feeling optimistic after reading this thread.

SM075180

Ready to race!
I'm now part of your nightmare:
There was some bowing on the driver's side, and it's under warranty (2017 SE).
I took it in, and they sent it to a body shop that had to chip off the old panel in pieces (I know, because I found a chunk under one of the seats!), remove the windshield, and install a new one.
A week later on the highway, the entire front of the roof panel lifted up (thank God for Dollar General and duct tape).
It's going back to the body shop today, and I am not feeling optimistic after reading this thread.

They chipped mine off too. I visited the car in the body shop during the process- didn’t see it in action but it was a hack job like they had no idea how to approach doing it.

Good news is VWOA saw my case as a lemon law replacement. It’s a long tedious process but bank on safety being a concern to them. Seeing as your car actually fell apart after repair I can’t imagine you’ll have much of a battle from your end.

I would possibly advise having them cut you a check for the vehicle and just go purchase one from a dealer/order a new one as their replacement procedure took quite a while in my case. Of course solidify an out the door price at the new dealer prior to signing that agreement-

I’m here if you need any resources/info. Feel free to PM me if you’d like to compare VINs or anything. Should you choose to pursue legal action definitely let me know... lol I might like to join in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro