GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Alignment for street with occasional track use

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
Just signed up for my 1st track day and im wondering what alignment specs would be best for all around tire wear. Im lowered on ED springs with their rear sway, and ill be running the oem 19 pret setup. I need an alignment anyway from the spring install and my steering wheel being off center so i figure ill just kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

rexneffect

Ready to race!
Camber plates in front. Otherwise, zero toe. That's about all you can do with stock setup to slow tire wear.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
I'd just go with an oem alignment. If you arent tracking the car frequently that is.
Once at blackhawk and possibly once at road america before winter. Oem alignment with max front camber? Or just purely oem

rexneffect

Ready to race!
There's no front camber adjustment and "oem" will likely leave you with varying amounts of toe-in. Just zero toe and go.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Once at blackhawk and possibly once at road america before winter. Oem alignment with max front camber? Or just purely oem

Ah cool you're somewhat local. I'm going to blackhawk on aug 7. Should be heading to road america in october if the weather holds out. Other than that hitting up a bunch of new tracks that I've never been to in between. Putnam park and NCM! Will be heading to grattan and gingerman again before the season is over.

But yes as stated, oem doesn't allow for much camber adjustment unfortunately.

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
Ah cool you're somewhat local. I'm going to blackhawk on aug 7. Should be heading to road america in october if the weather holds out. Other than that hitting up a bunch of new tracks that I've never been to in between. Putnam park and NCM! Will be heading to grattan and gingerman again before the season is over.

But yes as stated, oem doesn't allow for much camber adjustment unfortunately.
Yea im 30 minutes from road america. Ill be doing the mvp event in october if i can. Ill just go with oem alignment then!

Also the 918 was at road america yesterday for mvp and the laferrari is there today for the audi club.