GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MQB Infotainment - Settings Menu disabled when on motion.

steveaustin

Ready to race!
If your'e using OBDeleven, this seems to be a common problem. Oftentimes before I set out to make adaptation changes I will change diagnostic service modes on the main screen of the module I want to perform the changes to. Go to Change Service --> select VW Diagnostic Service Mode. Then go to Adaptation or Long Coding to make your changes. This seems to eliminate a lot of the "function not available" errors I would get. Not all, but many.

Great, thanks for the tip. Do you recommend changing all the items to unblocked in this area? I see different people posting things to say change all or only change a few. Would unblocking all cause any harm?

steveaustin

Ready to race!
I unblocked everything I could and I still get some locks in Android Auto. Like when browsing Spotify, but only when I am 4 menus deep into browsing stations. And even then I can still get it to sometimes if I'm quick.

I believe there is a separate nhtsa menu in 5F that affects these but have not tested. I see iPhone and Adroid blocks.

steveaustin

Ready to race!
If your'e using OBDeleven, this seems to be a common problem. Oftentimes before I set out to make adaptation changes I will change diagnostic service modes on the main screen of the module I want to perform the changes to. Go to Change Service --> select VW Diagnostic Service Mode. Then go to Adaptation or Long Coding to make your changes. This seems to eliminate a lot of the "function not available" errors I would get. Not all, but many.

I tried this and still cannot overrride blocked to unblocked using VW Diag Service Mode. Maybe there's something with the 2018s that prevents these from being tweaked without some other change. Anyone with a 2018 able to do this? I don't have the car running just accessory mode on. Does the headunit need to be off? I have successfully coded my power folding mirrors so it's not like i don't know how to use OBDEleven.

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
I tried this and still cannot overrride blocked to unblocked using VW Diag Service Mode. Maybe there's something with the 2018s that prevents these from being tweaked without some other change. Anyone with a 2018 able to do this? I don't have the car running just accessory mode on. Does the headunit need to be off? I have successfully coded my power folding mirrors so it's not like i don't know how to use OBDEleven.

Hmm... okay, try end of line mode next.