GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

4 Channel Amp Installation help

Lorenas

I made wiring as it shows in the installation guide which followed the product. Yellow to fuse 27, Black - ground behind a glove box, Blue - 'connect remote line to the head unit' ( I made a connection to quad lock's red power cable). It is working fine like this just draining the battery (I think amp is not switching off). I was trying to connect to fuse No47 or 48 (15A fuse on the lower right hand side which was empty and has power from ignition), but amp is not working then.

Adurm

Go Kart Newbie
The red wire in the glove box is 12v constant power. Your yellow needs to go there. Ground is brown, next to the red power. The blue remote wire needs to go to your fuse panel. Your head unit does not have a remote turn on output wire. The blue wire is what will turn it on and off thus preventing your power drain. I tapped the 20a cig lighter for turn on.

Lorenas

Ok I will try to power up amp like this: yellow to the fuse box top left for constant 12v, blue to the fuse box for remote power (kind of fuse 47 or 48), black to the ground - nothing changes. Thanks for the help!

Adurm

Go Kart Newbie
I was thinking yellow to the back of the cd player or better yet straight to the battery with a fuse. Blue to the switched power supply at the fuse box.

Lorenas

It looks like was a remote cable fault. I did not check the cable before pulling it inside. Now it's right. Permanent 12v is in fuse 27 with a 7,5A fuse on the line, remote 12V came from fuse 48 I think, minus to the body of a car as it was before. It looks like I needed extra time to measure everything one more time and do it right. Actually I like that Alpine subwoofer system - it costs less than 300 EUR, but changes sound to good side completely.

Lorenas

Amplifier is quite tiny and cables (even those which supply power) are not thick. I had no wish (probably no need either) to go through to the engine bay. I would consider installing more serious cables and connecting direct to the battery if it was some kind of big amp, which needs proper power supply.

Adurm

Go Kart Newbie
I understand. That 7.5 fuse should be sufficient.

SVO

Guys1 could really use some help. Older JL amp was using a PAC loc and with turn on sensing and it kept the amp on always. No thumps. Pulled the Loc and ran a wire to the fuse box and the battery doesn’t drain now but I have the on/off thumps. Really want to rip my hair up out.

An LC2i will not fix this - same circuit sensing design. Tried t differ with t fuses - same result. Ideas? Thanks
JD

Adurm

Go Kart Newbie
Try searching for a delay circuit online. I think metra makes one. I am running a bit ten powered from the rear 12v plug that i have turned on full time by moving the fuse up? a slot. The bit is turned on by speaker input voltage. If i didnt move the fuse to full time power, i got the off thump too. And that's with the bit delaying turn off to the amp like 4 sec. Sorry no simple fix from me.